Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2005, 07:53 AM   #1
Georgia Peach

Default Reality TV - Production Companies

Can anyone suggest what production companies I might target/pitch for a Reality TV show idea?

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:46 AM   #2
MacG

None.

Whatever idea you have for a great reality TV show (isn't that an oxymoron?), it'll be thought of soon enough...or it already has been thought of, pitched, and rejected.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:59 AM   #3
Carlton Redford

Georgia P.

Best bet is to google for the website of Hollywood Creative Directory. Buy a hard copy of the latest HCD "Producers" edition.

The second half lists virtually every major and minor TV prodco. Scan that section thoroughly for those whose listed credits include shows you want to emulate. You'll have plenty of contacts for your phone and letter queries.

Most major companies will only listen to pitches from reps, but some newer ones' junior development people will talk to you.

If you can interest a manager or agent first (very difficult) that would be a huge plus for wider interest. HCD has a "Representatives" edition which would help in that regard.

Be aware that thousands of reality pitch/queries now flood all TV producers and TV agents every year. But assume yours is brilliant and unique, and gamble a few stamps, phone calls, and e-queries.

If you have any industry inside contacts, however remote, that's also a major plus and a good adjunct route.

To protect your interests, be sure to write out a professional quality new-series proposal -- about six to eight pages long, and for $20 e-register it with the WGA via the www.wga.org website before contacting anyone. Doing the proposal first will also greatly increase your ability to confidently and professionally discuss the viability of your series concept.

Send me a request email and I'll "e" you an article I wrote detailing how to write a professional TV series proposal.

-- Carlton
Old 02-20-2005, 08:27 AM   #4
Georgia Peach

Although, I did receive responses of interest from Touchdown Television and Stone-Stanley Entertainment, both indicated that they had received numerous submissions of reality tv ideas -- most of which they would not consider.

Thank you both for the insight.

"Georgia Peach"
Old 02-25-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
KidCharlemagne108

Robert Kosberg
Nash Entertainment

They're into that stuff. See threads on DD for Kosberg.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:36 AM   #6
cesahr

Rocket Science Productions is producing Renovate My Family and are a growing company. A good friend worked for them and while they aren't that organized, it may be good to get in early with them.

c
Old 02-26-2005, 08:05 AM   #7
mitch1000

Default Rocket Science prod

Do you have contact info for
this company? Thanks
Old 02-26-2005, 08:49 AM   #8
cesahr

Default Re: Rocket Science prod

Rocket Science Laboratories, 8441 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069; 323-802-0500; Alex Demyanenko is the head of development there. They also did Joe Millionaire, Temptation Island, My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance and then Renovate My Family.

Hope it helps.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:01 AM   #9
Georgia Peach

Default Re: Reality TV

Thank you both "cesahr" and "Kid" -- I am submitting queries today -- I will let you know what happens.

Thanks again,
"Georgia Peach"