Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To show or not to show, the flashback quandry

I am appreciative with everyone's posts about this subject. It is something that is very debatable to say the least.

In my opinion, if done right flashbacks can work. Take Forrest Gump. It is a film of mostly flashbacks, but they are done tastefully and they work.

I agree with others here that if a flashback is just thrown in it can take the viewer out of the story. I personally don't use flashbacks, but I have been toying with the idea of using them in my newest script. But the flashback is only one specific memory and it is pivotal to the character. It is a memory that haunts him and turned him into the person he is today. I may use a mix of "visual" and "audible" on the flashback as it will be visited a few times throughout and I don't want to just have the same visual memory over and over. I don't like that....

Comment

Re: To show or not to show, the flashback quandry

Just wanted to put up another great film that is over half flashbacks.....Deadpool. I watched the dvd recently and noticed out of the 1hr 48min film the first hour is mostly flashback. But it works....very well.

Also, I need to put this out there....why is it that whenever someone develops super powers they also get this uncanny ability to be an excellent seamstress?

Deadpool, spiderman (toby mcguire, not the new one who gets his suit from tony stark), etc. They all magically have this ability to sew masterfully. I have been sewing for years and am not that great.

Guess I need to acquire super powers to be a badass seamstress. Anyone got some radioactive material I can dip into? lol

Comment

Working...
      X