How to Submit to Netflix Anthology Series by Guillermo Del Toro: 10 AFTER MIDNIGHT?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Submit to Netflix Anthology Series by Guillermo Del Toro: 10 AFTER MIDNIGHT?

I've been casually following the development of this series:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/...NIGHT-20180514

Sci-Fi/Horror anthologies are one of my specialties and passions. My writing partner and I would love to submit some scripts for consideration.

Can anyone offer guidance as to the best place to start?

Thanks in advance.

How to Submit to Netflix Anthology Series by Guillermo Del Toro: 10 AFTER MIDNIGHT?

Since no one else has jumped in yet, I'll throw a few comments out for you without hopefully sounding too discouraging.

As I'm sure you know and others are more than aware, Guillermo is an Oscar and Golden Globe winning filmmaker along with numerous other awards and nominations. He is repped by WME, one the top two or three agencies in town and one of the biggest agencies in the world.

When they announced this a month ago, I'm sure they probably heard from all sorts of agents wanting to submit their clients including, of course, internally WME's own clients. Guillermo can have his pick of just about anyone he wants, not to mention he might write one or two himself.

I'd be willing to bet there are at least a 1,000 writers out there would love to work on this. They are not going to open up the floodgates. Guillermo has the stories laid our for the series in his head, so they will bring in writers with real track records to flesh them out and yes, maybe pitch a few ideas themselves. But these will be either writers who have worked in TV on similar type shows or feature writers who have written in these genres. Top talent. It even clearly notes in that article, "he will hand pick a team of the genre's best writers and exciting new filmmakers to bring his selection of stories to life." They are not looking for outside stories or writers.

That said, if you are determined, no matter what, to reach out then try e-mailing his agent at WME and see what his agent's office says. OR "better yet" try e-mailing his manager since they are producers on the show. They probably have everyone lined up or just about lined up by now, but you can give it that million to one shot. Again though, considering GdT is a idea machine, he probably has the basic stories thought through, and doesn't want outside scripts, or would look to top writers to present and/or flesh things out with him some.
    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 06-19-2018, 06:31 AM.
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Re: How to Submit to Netflix Anthology Series by Guillermo Del Toro

So true, DDPro.

Interestingly, I'd noted the OPs question yesterday because of something I'd finished up at the beginning of this month: A horror anthology.

Me? I'd never heard of the Guillermo matter. In fact, my anthology came about because after dozens of features, I'd tried shorts. I wrote four over eh Winter, and they were pretty fun to do and turned out well.

But after over 500 pitches or thereabout, I received hardly any reaction or reads. So I bundled them up into a 90-page anthology by writing a story around them to tie them together (it only took me a week), and voila I had a full feature to pitch. I nabbed a read by a prominent prodco on Day 1 of the queries.

What am I getting at?

Just do up your anthologies and any other ideas and get pitching them.

It may seem easier to try to jump onto somebody else's coattails, but it only seems easier. With spec scripts, we own the IP. It certainly isn't easy to break in with it, but it's not impossible - and if you do you'll own that little slice of the world that we all want. And maybe the awe-inspiring Guillermo and WME etc. will come to you, then.

Comment

Re: How to Submit to Netflix Anthology Series by Guillermo Del Toro

Originally posted by catcon View Post
        What am I getting at?

Just do up your anthologies and any other ideas and get pitching them.
        It's quite ironic you say that. I was just thinking about that today. I have a pretty great concept/angle for a new anthology series I think would do great on its own. But I think going into any even vague detail would necessitate a different thread.

So, I'm off to do that now!

Comment

Working...
        X