X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save The Cat Strikes Back (Book 3)

Anyone pick up this yet?

Re: Save The Cat Strikes Back (Book 3)

I did and it's great. Again. Miss Blake already.

Let's spend time talking about someone that deserves it.

A real writer.

Comment

just ordered it...I still use his first book quite a bit.
      If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

got this. it's going in my brother's stocking. then i'm gonna read it. will share once I read it.

Comment

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I'm trying to jump back in. I didn't even know that Blake Snyder had died. Horrible news, I can't believe it.

Where are you guys picking up the new one?

Comment

Waiting for the Kindle edition. I'll grab it as soon as it's available.
            If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
            Dave Barry

Comment

I am a big fan of the first two but I was not going to pick this up for whatever reason. That changed when i read an interview with Blake where he mentions a section of the book dealing with finales called STORMING THE CASTLE. He didn't extrapolate at all in the interview but the instant i read that I knew I had to pick it up. Just by hearing that phrase seemed to instantly put two huge pieces of a puzzle together in my head.

Whereas it really isn't earth-shattering, just the catch phrase was enough for me to immediately order it. It was like reading a high concept logline, I immediately envisioned it. I got it through amazon although not directly. It arrived 2 days later on New Year's Eve no less.

I was not disappointed with it. STORMING THE CASTLE is just a fraction of the goodies in this one. I even laughed out loud in a couple parts.

Recommended.
              @PatriotFrames

Comment

So is it new material? A different aspect of scripts than the first two?

I'll probably get it anyway, but would be more encouraged knowing we're not re-hashing the first two books.

R.O.T.

Comment

I read it -- and yes, some stuff has been covered before, but there's more good stuff in there. I just find it a great read, helped me re-think my current spec and focus it more. That's what I think his books are best at.

Read them to get in the right mindset and remember why things are/aren't working in your script.

I felt it was well worth it. A must have -- no. But if you loved the other 2 books -- then yes.

I got mine off the website itself.

Comment

I re-read or skim the first two from time to time...just to force myself to re-think what I'm working on from an outside perspective. If I'm not fitting one of the categories, then there is still time for me to correct my path if I'm in error structurally or logically.

R.O.T.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
                      I re-read or skim the first two from time to time...just to force myself to re-think what I'm working on from an outside perspective. If I'm not fitting one of the categories, then there is still time for me to correct my path if I'm in error structurally or logically.

R.O.T.
                      Nice to know I'm in good company and not the only one. Prior to starting a new script, I always skim his first book as well. I've found that extra few hours saves me a ton of work down the road.
                      If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                      Dave Barry

Comment

I always re-read the first book before starting a new script and keep it by my side during Act Two, just in case. I requested "Strikes Back" for Christmas and have only read the first few chapters. Love it... Already used it to rewrite all of my loglines for the 4 screenplays, I'm pitching and my read requests have increased already... LA
                        LA
                        Check out my animated feature available on VOD:
                        www.TheGridZom.com

Comment

anyone know why it is not available at Barnes & Noble or Borders Books? if you do online search it doesn't even come up as available store wide, just the first two...
                          "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Moviequill View Post
                            anyone know why it is not available at Barnes & Noble or Borders Books? if you do online search it doesn't even come up as available store wide, just the first two...
                            More important -- why is it at $80.00 on Amazon?
                            Dave Barry

Comment

I wonder how many sold screenplays were crafted after reading his books.

Comment

Working...
                              X