Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Network to Produce My Screenplay?

So i'm writing a sci-fi antihero sort of film with a lot of really dark, violent / sexual points... i need to know first of all that my screenplay fits with the kind of theme that it is, and that i'm not going to constantly be bogged down in terms of content from the censors, and then finally someone who is going to greenlit this type of show and actually want to produce it instead of leaving it on their shelf untouched. Ideally if there was a network that was some kind of unholy spawn of syfy and hbo that would be the best that i could hope for. but i'm interested to hear your thoughts on this

Re: Best Network to Produce My Screenplay?

Originally posted by flightspace View Post
    So i'm writing a sci-fi antihero sort of film with a lot of really dark, violent / sexual points... i need to know first of all that my screenplay fits with the kind of theme that it is, and that i'm not going to constantly be bogged down in terms of content from the censors, and then finally someone who is going to greenlit this type of show and actually want to produce it instead of leaving it on their shelf untouched. Ideally if there was a network that was some kind of unholy spawn of syfy and hbo that would be the best that i could hope for. but i'm interested to hear your thoughts on this
    we should all be so lucky. just write it as well as you can and worry about that stuff -- if at all -- when the day comes

Comment

I'm confused. Are you writing a film, or a pilot; and are you worried about notes from S&P, or the actual "censors" at the FCC that place hard legal limits on broadcast content that no one can get around?

Comment

Technically a studio is going to fund and produce the show and the network is just going to air it if it gets picked up.

Generally a network hears hundreds of pitches, buys 40-50, and maybe 4-6 shows get to air -- so that gives you an idea of the odds.
        Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by flightspace View Post
          You're looking for something that doesn't exist to give you guarantees they won't ever give. Reality is a tough thing to swallow sometimes, especially when I comes to the babies you create. Getting read is hard enough without piling on expectations no one will ever meet.

Comment

Working...
          X