Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholls

So I got my notification letter, followed by that horrible sinking feeling... Finally forced myself to open it, almost passed out on seeing the word "congratulations"... I got through, after several years of utter failure, I got through! I was so thrilled that I did a celebration can-can dance, and put my back out. Lying here, unable to move, with a big grin on my face...Ahhh... Congrats to everyone who made it through.
    Last edited by Strangerthanfiction; 07-18-2017, 05:51 PM.

Re: Nicholls

Congrats. I've had four different scripts in the top 10-15%, but have never made the quarters. Quite irritating tbh. This year I entered a new script and got the thin envelope again.

"A bit of good news: your script received two positive scores from first round readers and some scripts in this group were read three times during the competition. It did fall outside the Top 20% of all entries. Beyond this, we do not provide exact numerical scores."

Ohhh boy. Am I supposed to feel good that two people sorta almost liked my script and a third might have read it? I can only imagine what the bottom 10% gets. "A bit of good news: one of our readers liked the title of your script and a second reader managed to stay awake for 30 pages. It did fall outside the top 90% of entries."

Ah well. Not salty at all.

Congrats to all who advanced. Good luck in the next round.

Comment

Congrats StrangerthanFiction! Commiserations, DaltWisney. The QF round is brutal.

My spy thriller managed to make it thru to the QFs! But the one I thought had a much better chance stalled at top 10%. So there you go.

Good luck to all QFs!

Late Night Writer

Comment

I'm out with two. Dang it!! %$##@!^%$

Big congrats to all who advanced! May the wind be at your back.

Comment

I'm out with my western. Two positive reads. Congrats to all that made it!

Comment

After 15 years of trying, I finally advanced this year with a script that had been Top 10% the previous two years.

Congrats to all who advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by DaltWisney View Post
              I can only imagine what the bottom 10% gets. "A bit of good news: one of our readers liked the title of your script and a second reader managed to stay awake for 30 pages. It did fall outside the top 90% of entries."
              That would be mine - it got a general "Our policy is not to provide exact numerical scores" I got the notes so I'll be able to see why they hated it and hopefully use them to improve it.

Congratulations to all that made it through!!!
              https://twitter.com/_jenniferhughes

Comment

Greg,
                Will the QF list be posted anywhere? Have the loglines been sent out yet?
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by glantern2814 View Post
                  Greg,
                  Will the QF list be posted anywhere? Have the loglines been sent out yet?
                  Thanks!
                  The loglines must have gone out because I'm starting to get emails about my script.

Comment

Working...
                  X