Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailing after notify by deadline has already passed

I did a quick search, using the "search feature,- but was unable to find the answer to my question. Also, I apologize in advance if I'm posting this question in the wrong place.

With that being said, what are your thoughts about emailing a screenwriting contests once the "notification by- deadline has passed? I only ask because I don't want to come off as annoying.

In my case, the website says we'd be notified by late July which has obviously passed. Additionally, I noticed the bottom of confirmation email says the following:

We will notify you of our selection by early August.

This clearly contradicts what's stated on their website. Would you consider early August to be the 1st-9th? I would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions and your past experiences. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Re: Emailing after notify by deadline has already passed

You have every right to send a polite email asking when they plan on making the announcement. You may or may not get an answer, depending on how well the particular contest is run. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by muckraker View Post
      You have every right to send a polite email asking when they plan on making the announcement. You may or may not get an answer, depending on how well the particular contest is run. Good luck.
      Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Do you think it's odd that their website says one thing and the confirmation emails says another?

Comment

No, it's not that odd. Many contests like to give a later target date and post earlier, rather than the reverse, since it makes them look inefficient.

Comment

Originally posted by glantern2814 View Post
          No, it's not that odd. Many contests like to give a later target date and post earlier, rather than the reverse, since it makes them look inefficient.
          Thanks. Would you consider today, August 9th, as early August? I'm only asking because I want to make sure the latest deadline has passed before reaching out to them.

Comment

If you're that unsure, might as well give them the weekend and contact them Monday.

Comment

Working...
            X