Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zide Perry....

I submitted a logline on my screenplay "420" to them last thursday. Last night they requested the screenplay. Has anyone been read by ZidePerry, and if so, how long did it take for them to get back to you.

Logline: A small town is outwitted by four "stoner" students from a Christian Liberal Arts College, who find a way to get marijuana legalized one day per year....April 20th.

Animal House meets Up in Smoke.

Thanks,

Sadvol

You know where 420 originated from right?

Comment

And if anyone knows, what genres does Zide/Perry look for?

Gracias.

Comment

Re: ...

Zide/Perry produced American Pie and AP 2.

That should tell ya plenty, Mr. G.

Good luck, sadvol. That's awesome.

Comment

Re: ...

Although I think the there is no such thing as a Stoner Comedy, good luck.

Comment

Orginatioin of "420"

No, I'm not sure of the orgination of "420". I've done a lot of research on the subject, primarily on the web site "High Times". Seems there is confilcting ideas of where 420 started.

Why is there no such thing as a stoner comedy?

Sadvol

Comment

Stoner Comedy?

Cause I've never seen one worth a damn. But heh, this just means the fields open for you.

MONSTERDO

Comment

re: stoner comedy

4:20 originated with a high school group in Santa Cruz, the name they called themselves escapes me right now. They had a lot of sayings, one of them was "4:20 by the ____-(fill in location)"--meaning to smoke at that time at a certain place. This one somehow continued on in smoking circles.

I think its tough to get a Stoner Film made. Half baked was half-assed. Not sure where that one got screwed up--if it was the script or the studio. How High recently came out, I dont think it grossed that much.

If you can do it independently, that is the way to go. I just think its tough to get a movie like that made and released. Especially since studios try to sacharrine it up to make it more accesible to more potential audience members=more money grossed.

And this all sucks because I thought I had a great idea for a stoner comedy, but put it aside because I was trying to face reality of what will get made and what won't.

BTW, High Times has some type of contest or sponsors pot themed films in some way.

Good luck.

Comment

Re: re: stoner comedy

Scrub's half right. The band certinly made it popular but its true origins lie in police code for...and not sure here, posession with the intent to sell.

Comment

Has anyone submitted a logline to Zide Perry and not had the script requested?

Comment

Requested....

Now you've busted my bubble!! That easy huh?

Comment

there have been many stoner movies

Just a few off the top of my bong:

Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke (although their movies came long after they had success with albums and live shows)

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Wayne's World

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Comment

Re: origin of 420

Mr. G - I was under the same impression, California state police code for possession with intent to sell. I just did a quick search and found a site on the 'ol Phish net that explains that theory plus what they say is the actual origin - the 'Waldo's' at San Rafael High School in 1971. The site has a handful of other legends and lots of really random information including Simpson's references to 420, biblical references etc.

Four and twenty blackbird's baked in a pie?

It's an intriguingly extensive site.

www.phish.net/PhishFAQ/n420.html

Comment

*raises hand*

i sent a query didn't get a request for my script.
                            but it's not exactly in thier field so it was a shot in the dark anyway.

Comment

hmmm...
                              Maybe Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back wasn't such a great example, as it seems that life is now imitating art.

Comment

Working...
                              X