Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re:

Gosh, I hope that's not a sign of things to come for me, hehe!

Also, I'm sorry I don't have some qucik witted words of wisdom to sign off every post with.

A few moments pass.....

Oh, oh, I got one.

"A puff of kif in the morning makes a man as strong as 1,000 camels in the courtyard".

Comment

Re: re:

The Waldo's--that was it. I think all the police stuff is more legend that came afterwards. There used to be a great article about the Waldo's from last year's April 20th. Wish I could find it. Basically an interview with one of the originals.

Comment

I believe "420" refers to the average number of brain cells that the typical stoner is left with after smoking all that pot.

Comment

Re: 420

I read on a chat transcript on their site, they get 10,000 loglines a year and request half of those for the scripts. On the FAQs on their site, they say 2-8 weeks for a response.

nika

" Hell no? HELL YES!! "

Comment

I submitted three loglines, submitted three screenplays, had three passed on.

A while ago someone did a test and wrote a really horrible logline and submitted it. They did not request a script.

So they do have some parameters.

Colleen

Comment

Re: ZidePerry

Sadvol,

To get back to your original question regarding response times, I had been wondering the same thing. I submitted my screenplay via InZide on 12/16 and just got my pass letter yesterday . So from my one and only experience, it took about 5 1/2 weeks. But factoring in the holiday, I imagine that was a little toward the longer end than what they average.

Good Luck!

Comment

Actually, recent studies have shown that marijuana has protective qualities to fully developed nuerons (brain cells).

So, if you're all grown-up, smoke up, Johnny!

Like anything else, moderation is key!

Comment

Re: ZidePerry

They were VERY fast....too fast. I received feedback on both of my scripts they requested within 10-14 days max.

Comment

fast

Sundance33,
                    Does the waiting period begin after you get the message of " Script Upload Verified Await Further Instructions "?

nika1derwriter

" hell no? HELL YES!! "

Comment

Zide (Left hand/Right hand)

Marc Hernandez requested a script of mine and sent a release form. Two days later(before I filled out the form), I get an e-mail from another Zide guy who says basically "Thanks, but no thanks." Thought that was really weird. I figured if they were that busy, then they are probably too busy to read my junk. I didn't waste the postage.

Comment

Zide/Perry

It is nice that Zide/Perry has taken the step to accept loglines from the public but I wish they were more selective with the scripts they request to read.

It seems almost everyone who submits a logline is asked to send in a script. The numbers seem to indicate that Zide/Perry is not giving fair consideration to the material they read.

I think there is an implicit moral agreement that when a company requests your script and asks you to sign a release they are, in return, offering to give your material a fair review.

I cannot imagine Zide/Perry having the resources to legitimately review the material. If they do, more power to them. If not, they should offer a disclaimer in the release stating that only the first half page of your script will be read by an unpaid 18 year old intern who thinks AMERICAN PIE 2 is the greatest movie since DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR?

Comment

Zide/Perry

Marc Hernandez is no longer with Zide/Perry. From what I read in their chat transcripts, only the seven that make up Zide/Perry read the scripts. They have no script readers. A couple of interns help with the loglines.

nika

Comment

Re: Zide/Perry

dangerousNika- it should...It's been a while, I can't remember exactly, but what I do know is that they get back to you VERY quickly.

Comment

Nika, from my understanding, they always send the pass notices out on Mondays. I sent them my script, got whatever that first message is that says they received the file, two weeks later, the message changed to say basically that they opened the file, and the following Monday, I got the pass.

Comment

Kklsef,

Not necessarily. I got my pass notice on a Tuesday afternoon and that was 5 1/2 weeks after I uploaded it. I guess it all depends on their load. Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X