No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Screen Talk

Storyteller,

I think the comment in question was your statement, "it just gets me when they pass on great ones and "fast track" Bounty with MGM."

Apparently, most everyone here interprets this statement to mean that they passed on your "great one" and opted to make the inferior (in your view) BOUNTY.

If this is not what you meant, it might behoove you to clarify.

Comment

I have spoken to writers who have submitted there, they have submitted what I think is some good work. It just transmits me to think that they pick up a silly idea, and I'm sticking to my guns on that, and pass on good concepts. Like I said, I'm just on the outside looking in, bored of the concept. And I'm sure a majority of people who have received a pass from them can agree that maybe they are the right company for it. Bonita suggested I try them, they are perfect for it, well I did, and I guess I wasn't perfect for them.

Comment

www.screentalk.org

Comment

Thanks for the correct url for the ST website. It's been a long day.

Comment

Storyteller79

Maybe you should talk to this: Bonita about referring such firms?

Fatty

Comment

Re: Storyteller79

I guess I'll chime in with my opinion.

This industry is full of fresh ideas and hot concepts. Everyone has a dozen million dollar ideas, let's face it.

That being said, a million dollar idea isn't worth a dime if it isn't executed right.

In fact, some not-so-great concepts can very quickly turn into great scripts when written well. American Pie has come up several times on this board -- I can remember reading it's logline when it was still titled Great Falls High (or something like that). I definitely didn't see a huge box office hit in that logline, but once I read the screenplay it was clear what they had on their hands.

Judging a screenplay by it's logline is very much like judging a book by it's cover. Otherwise Z/P wouldn't even request to see your script, they would just shell out a mid six figures for a great logline and we would all be rich.

Comment

Re: Storyteller79

is zide/perry still accepting logline on their website?

Comment

Re: blameLew

A few of their buttons have been down as of late. I just received an e-mail stating they're currently working on the Submit Scripts link and it sould be up and running soon.

Comment

Re: blameLew

Thanks Jake

Comment

Had a script pick win a contest last year and got an email from them requesting it...and not tooting my own here either...got the impression from the process they're pretty open to submissions.

Got the pass letter within a 8 weeks or so if I recall correctly, which was expected. It weren't no "American Pie".

Comment

Re: re: Zide/Perry form letter

why do you say "really" had morals? why would they offer to read stuff if they weren't "really" looking for something that jumps out at them? what would their motive be? help me understand.
                        kelly

Comment

Working...
                        X