Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scriptshark?

Received a consider in the winter. Seems to be ages before the Scouting takes place.

Anyone have experiences they can share after getting a consider/recommend?

Re: Scriptshark?

I got one in May. And I think scouting for me is just about to start now. So yeah, it's a long wait. At least a couple of months.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you Niwa - got the consider in May hoping it will go out soon. I think they do the scouting quarterly (but that's just a guess). I haven't heard anything officially, but I called ScriptShark about a month after getting the consider and Lee told me it was a couple months before the scouting was going out. She was very nice.

If you received the consider in the winter - it seems you might want to follow up. That's a long time to wait...

Comment

It just seems to be taking FOREVER. Even with following up, it has still taken an awfully long time.

Who is on their "Consider" list? Who gets a copy of the screenplay?

Who has a success to share? Getting a rep or sold?

Comment

Same for me. I got a consider in May. But I think the place is swamped.

Comment

With all of these considers floating around, it makes it feel less valuable. Are they trying to reach a quota.... or actually finding good quality scripts?

Comment

Originally posted by Ribeau View Post
              With all of these considers floating around, it makes it feel less valuable. Are they trying to reach a quota.... or actually finding good quality scripts?
              As an analyst for Script Shark, I'm afraid I can't tell you much about the the scouting service. I can assure you, however, there is no quota on "considers." I only give a consider to material that's genuinely strong and marketable, but I can't speak for all of the analysts.

If you're waiting, follow up with Lee.

You might want to check out the new Script Shark website. They just redesigned it and I believe there's a blog area or forum. Perhaps you can get more answers there.

I'm going to keep track of this thread though. It's good to know what happens (or doesn't) after I read a script for SS.
              NOTES / COVERAGE
              15,000+ Screenplays
              [email protected]

Comment

Andrew,

Out of curiosity, how many times have you read something and given it a "Recommend"?

Comment

Or a consider? And are those percentages about the same for all analysts for SH?
                  If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                  Dave Barry

Comment

Cool.

So I guess as far as Recommends go, you could count them on one hand - no?

Comment

Originally posted by niwa View Post
                      Cool.

So I guess as far as Recommends go, you could count them on one hand - no?
                      For me, consider/recommend is the same thing. Different companies prefer different language. But if I'm suggesting someone consider a script, I'm essentially recommending it. Make sense?
                      NOTES / COVERAGE
                      15,000+ Screenplays
                      [email protected]

Comment

Got it - that's good to know.

Comment

At the brink of being one of the worst services I have ever used from my experiences.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Lee from ScriptShark here. Just to add my thoughts to the mix: In the last few years, we've seen our business pretty much double. That said, we don't want to flood the industry with scripts every day, because we feel then they just won't get read. So instead, we stagger them. I don't take out more than 1-2 scripts per week, on weeks that I know the industry is humming. There are weeks that I don't take out any scripts, because I know they will be ignored, and I feel it's unfair to do to our writers, who have worked so hard to get a Consider. Those weeks are usually the week before and after a holiday weekend, and pretty much from mid-November til early January, because no one in the industry is reading at that time.

The other challenge, I don't want to send out scripts of the same genre close together, so we try to mix it up: comedies, horror, dramas, etc. If we send out a bunch of comedies, for example, one after the other, then we find that by the 3rd comedy, no one is reading. So we try to keep it interesting for our managers, agents, and execs.

Another factor, sadly, is the state of the industry. Specs are harded and harder to sell, but we continue to push our writers out there, because we believe in you guys. That said, if you do have a script that got a consider in winter, make sure that you email me a reminder to: [email protected]. I do run the better part of the operation myself, so if I take a day or two to get back to you, please be patient with me.

I've been running ScriptShark for almost 4 years now, and so it's incredibly important to me that you have the best experience possible with us, while working by the parameters and limitations set by the industry.

Lee.

Comment

Great to see that Lee has personally chimed in on this. Although we don't work together on a daily basis, she is very cool and honest and won't blow smoke up your butts. So just hang in there and have patience.

Anyone who has seen this year's spec statistics will understand it's especially tough out there for material right now. Keep trying every avenue, meanwhile if you earned a consider at SS, Lee will give your script its day in the sun.
                              NOTES / COVERAGE
                              15,000+ Screenplays
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X