X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: After finishing that script.

I do a happy dance and pump my fist.
    I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigre de Oro View Post
      What do you do when you knock out that final draft?
      Yeah, I see, most of you guys are lucky. MHS, whenever I finish a final, final of a final draft, someone reads it and says: "This is so great! You're so close to cross the finish line with this monumental effort. I think you should just..." so here I go, rolling my peebles uphill again.

"One must imagine Sisyphus happy."

Last edited by GreyGhost22; 06-16-2010, 06:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to strategically place a smiley.
      "The writer is the most important person in Hollywood, but we must never tell the sons of bitches." -- Irving G. Thalberg

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
        It's freaky how close our celebratory rituals are.
        Yeah, but he's not celebrating a successful night's sleep.

Me, I like to have sex with five beautiful women the night after I finish a draft. At once or in a row, it matters not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
          Yeah, but he's not celebrating a successful night's sleep.

Me, I like to have sex with five beautiful women the night after I finish a draft. At once or in a row, it matters not.
          Would you settle for the George Carlin, "I never f*cked a 10 but I did f*ck five 2's once"?

Comment

I bid farewell to Osama, climb out from my cave, and re acclimatize myself to the outside world... praying I still remember my girlfriend's name.

Comment

First script. After writing fade out, I was so proud! I did it. I just sat there, numbed. For awhile. I remember thinking, man what am I gonna do now. Wow, now I know how little I knew then, and still do about this screenplay venture...
              " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

I used to kill a homeless person, but now I kill a mid level executive. It makes me feel better about finishing that first draft!

- Bill
                Free Script Tips:
                http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                  I used to kill a homeless person, but now I kill a mid level executive. It makes me feel better about finishing that first draft!

- Bill
                  You shouldn't joke about that sort of thing. My father is homeless.

Comment

Post-coital happiness.
                    "Ecco il grande Zampano!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
                      You shouldn't joke about that sort of thing. My father is homeless.
                      and on daddy's day too.

Comment

Sort of a sub-point on this topic, but I just realized my most emotional moment is not when I finish the script, which is almost anti-climactic - it's when I finish my outline, which I did just today on my latest effort.

Now I dump the 24 pages (a long one, this time) into my script template and the fun begins. This is the easy part.

So, anyway, no real celebration, but a tremendous sense of relief that I've manufactured a complete story and can stop worrying that "maybe this is the one I can't figure out".

Comment

sh*t... See I've already had too much celebratory booze from just typing my latest fade-out... Cuz at first glance I thought the heading said:

"Another Fisting Tw*t Script"

Imagine my disappointment when I started scrolling the thread.

But in all seriousness -- I use the finish as an excuse to buy a new toy that's completely trivial and not "needed" in any way. Cuz I figure... If no one else is paying me for my scripts, I might as well pay myself a little something. This time it was a Flip Video camera -- which is fairly amazing quality for the cost and size...

Comment

I have yet to finish writing my first script, but I would imagine myself: typing the last word, then blasting "Faith Or Forgiveness" by The Ghost Inside, while smashing my keyboard across the desk.

I'll let you know when that time comes.

Comment

first think i did was cut and paste aliens over it and re-read it, it was a lot better.
                              You only get one chance to rewrite it 100 times.

Comment

Originally posted by xcswsx View Post
                                I have yet to finish writing my first script, but I would imagine myself: typing the last word, then blasting "Faith Or Forgiveness" by The Ghost Inside, while smashing my keyboard across the desk.

I'll let you know when that time comes.
                                You want BLISTERED by Strife. Trust me.
                                QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Working...
                                X