• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avengers 2 Trailer!

This needs no introduction:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/av...ed-1201336892/

Re: Avengers 2 Trailer!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this one is going to be just a tad bit darker. In fact, that was probably the pitch. It will be like the first Avengers... but darker.

Works for me.

Comment

LOL. I think every sci sequel in history "went darker." Including the Empire Strikes Back. Hell, ST 2 was called "Into Darkness."

The only problem I see is it's getting boring. Every Avengers, Superman, and Transformers will always end with a well-known city blown up in the end.

At least Star Wars has some leeway.
      I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

omg the villain's a robot, where the ****'s thanos?
        It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
          omg the villain's a robot, where the ****'s thanos?
          Avengers 3.

I have as much super hero fatigue as anyone, but I couldn't be more excited for this. Joss Whedon could just release the extended shawarma scene as Avengers 2 and I would see it at midnight.
          @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Looks AWESOME!! Literally can't wait to see this!

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Llama View Post
              Joss Whedon could just release the extended shawarma scene as Avengers 2 and I would see it at midnight.
              Why?

Comment

Originally posted by ctp View Post
                Why?
                Just a big Joss Whedon fan. I worry the trailer looks like busy, a lot of storylines. I have faith he'll be able to balance it all as well as the first one, which I enjoyed.

Also who doesn't love shawarma?
                @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Wake me in 2025.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Alexander View Post
                    Wake me in 2025.
                    Aw, c'mon, Geoff. They're like Busby Berkely musicals...without the music. Wait. That's not right. Superhero movies are like Paddy Chayefsky flicks, only without the drama and real human emotion and...no, that's not right, either. I got it! AVENGERS is like a Road Runner/Coyote cartoon without the philosophical subtext...

Ummmm...nevermind. We'll wake you in 2025.

Comment

Should we start a club?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDajL441mZc
                        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

The thing is I'm still gonna see it 'cause I'm a nerd who grew up with comic books and I like the movies even though they have the same problem as comic books: everyone's always using exclamation points and the plots never make any sense!!

It's like eating Taco Bell for lunch: You enjoyed it while you were there, but an hour later your body will violently rebel and you'll start questioning why you asked for the supreme and was it really necessary for the extra packets of sauce?

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Weems View Post
                            The thing is I'm still gonna see it 'cause I'm a nerd who grew up with comic books and I like the movies even though they have the same problem as comic books: everyone's always using exclamation points and the plots never make any sense!!

It's like eating Taco Bell for lunch: You enjoyed it while you were there, but an hour later your body will violently rebel and you'll start questioning why you asked for the supreme and was it really necessary for the extra packets of sauce?
                            I collected comic books (mostly an X-Men fan, I had some pretty cool stuff, my favorite issue was the Kitty Pryde Christmas issue, which I had signed by John Byrne--it was stolen, along with my entire collection.)

I played D&D. I was a Star Trek freak. A Tolkien Freak. I had all kinds of cool Star Trek stuff, collectible editions of the LOTR series. I went to Comic book and Star Trek conventions back when it wasn't cool at all.

When I was 12, my mom took me to a Star Trek convention in Downtown L.A.. Who do we see in the parking lot, yep, it's William Shatner, just fifty feet away. I freek out/geek out. My mother grabs my hand and pulls me over to meet him. He runs the other way to get away from his 12 year old fan and my mom curses him out in the lot for "being an ungrateful, selfish, ****ing prick!!!"

All that, and I still won't see any more of these because they are so formulaic that any sense of wonder or joy or anticipation is, for me, not there.

Comment

i swear if this was called Transformers 4 - Age of Ultron, I wouldn't notice anything special.
                              Really getting tired of the deep voiced villain that always speaks of doom to everyone, so sure of himself. ugh...

Comment

Working...
                              X