Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas Artists

Do they represent writers? On IMBd Pro I only found actors (eeewww!) as clients.

Thanks in advance.

Will
    "Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December; And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor--"

Re: Atlas Artists

The reason I ask, is that some of their staff are "literary managers" but I don't find any writers listed among their clients. It's a bit confusing.

I know that Atlas Entertainment is a prodco and Atlas Artists is an affiliate company...

Will
    "Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December; And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor--"

Comment

In all the time they have been included on our site, which is six something years, we've listed one literary deal for them in thousands and thousands. (That one deal was director/writer/producer they no longer rep because his agent left CAA and started his own management firm.)

They are primarily a talent manager firm repping actors who is some cases are actor/producers, actor/writers, etc. They are possibly fine for actors but I wouldn't suggest looking to them for literary management.
      Will
      Done Deal Pro
      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Thanks for the info, Will.

I notice many of the "management" companies on IMDb Pro have tons of actors as clients. I wonder if these companies are just wrongly listed as management when they should be in the talent agency category, or if they actually rep writers and actors. It's tedious sifting through their clients lists (of actors) to see if they rep writers.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by WillLevin View Post
          Thanks for the info, Will.

I notice many of the "management" companies on IMDb Pro have tons of actors as clients. I wonder if these companies are just wrongly listed as management when they should be in the talent agency category, or if they actually rep writers and actors. It's tedious sifting through their clients lists (of actors) to see if they rep writers.

Will
          I would not say that. There are management firms that really focus on writers, if not just writers. A manager is of course different than an agent in many ways, including the legal right to negotiate a deal. So there will be managers who rep actors, of course, and managers who focus on writers. And then some that might do both/hyphenates.

But yes, it can be a bit tough. That's one thing our main site is decent for since we predominantly include agents and managers who focus on writers due to the literary deals we list. In most cases, we only list talent/actor agents and talent/actor managers when one of their hyphenate clients sells or sets up something.

It does take some time to sift through all though on sites like IMDb. It's a lot of info and people.
          Will
          Done Deal Pro
          www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X