No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality Shows and MTV added 16 new Reality Shows

Hey Folks,

Just heard MTV added 16 Reality Shows. Yes 16! Since the year 2009 will be another challenging year, we all have market like every which way but loose. This is just one avenue to consider.

I was hoping members of Done Deal could help me answer any these of questions. I know I'm asking a lot.

QUESTION#1
    Have you written any family friendly or controversial or mildly R-rated Reality Treatments? If yes, what are some tips?

QUESTION#2
    Scriptapalooza has a Reality Treatment Contest, you ever applied? Any success stories?

QUESTION#3
    John August once posted a comprehensive article of how to write a Reality Show. I can't find it in the archive department Do you know how I would get a copy? Do you have link?

QUESTION #4
    I know that only an Agent or a Manager could get you a writing gig or seasonal writing work with MTV. Are there other ways to get your foot in the door at MTV?

QUESTION#5
    Are there any screenwriting contests out there accepting Reality Show Treatments?

QUESTION#6
    Off your head would you know some of the hottest production houses specializing in Reality Shows?

QUESTION#7
    Are Reality Shows here to stay? Or just a trend/fad? Ten years down the road will there be more Reality Shows? Will they be less shocking or more controversial than those SHOCKING VIDEOS and STUPID VIDEOS and TASTELESS VIDEOS on the internet?

QUESTION#8
    What are some of your best and worst Reality Shows of all time?

Thanks,
    You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
    Paul Harvey
    -
    -
    -

Re: Reality Shows and MTV added 16 new Reality Shows

Reality TV appears to be in decline - no new hits, and some ratings loss among established shows. Reality is still cheap, though, so look for more of it.

Formatting a Reality show proposal.
    If you really like it you can have the rights
    It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

MTV is aimed at TEENS and 20somethings. Specifically FEMALES. This comes as no surprise...
      Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

I'm looking forward to THE CITY.
        "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

Originally posted by WritersBlock2010 View Post
          MTV is aimed at TEENS and 20somethings. Specifically FEMALES. This comes as no surprise...
          So I should shelve that "My Boobs are Bigger than Your Boobs, and I Can Prove It!" pitch that I've been working on?

Comment

I'm a big fan of reality. Man vs Wild is definitely one of my favorites. Did anyone see the episode in the Sahara desert? So funny. He kills a camel and then nearly vomits trying to eat the raw flesh. And then he guts it and climbs inside it and says: "This is what you do if there's a sandstorm." Still makes me laugh. And then he goes to sleep under the skin, using it's neck as a pillow. I mean, you just couldn't write it.

But I also like Ladette to Lady. What a hoot.

Comment

Having worked at MTV I can tell you the reason for this -- ratings. It also has never been huge bastion of written shows or sitcoms. This IS business as usual. Reality is the bread and butter. And no, they won't bring back music videos. Why? Nobody watches the channel when they're aired.

Comment

http://blog.writersdigest.com/script...lity+Idea.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Anitapooh
                  "QUESTION#8
                  What are some of your best and worst Reality Shows of all time?"

Best -- The Anna Nicole Smith Show

Worst -- American Idol (too much "screaming" for my taste)

I don't know if it lasted long, but what about that one with Scott baio! I only caught it once or twice but yikes...

also, there was the Paula Abdul one. What a train wreck.

Comment

Working...
                  X