Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GANGSTER SQUAD gets an edit / reshoots

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've a feeling that GANGSTER SQUAD probably isn't "artistic": "There will be an alternate murder spree scene shot, but it will not be in a movie theater."

I mean, that just RUINS the whole movie if the murder spree isn't in the theater! One can only wonder at the sleepless nights the creators spent ensuring that their artistic vision could be complete once they figured out where to put the new murder spree.

HH

Comment

Re: Max's post, The Hat Squad, LA Confidential...

Originally posted by BeefMissile View Post
      In my 20s, I remember watching Cannell's Hat Squad cop show on TV.

It was okay but the premise/back-story of the LAPD unit was lame. Curtis Hansen's 1997 LA Confidental has a few early scenes that seem to replicate the Hat Squad's efforts(to chase mob figures out of LA). Another 1990s cop drama; Mullholand Drive had characters who acted like the LAPD Hat Squad in the 1940s. The film had Nick Nolte, Chris Penn & Michael Madsen.

Beef

You mean "Mullholland Falls". You're confused with the David Lynch film. I liked "Falls" and "Confidential".
      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Re: GANGSTER SQUAD gets an edit / reshoots

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've a feeling that GANGSTER SQUAD probably isn't "artistic": "There will be an alternate murder spree scene shot, but it will not be in a movie theater."

I mean, that just RUINS the whole movie if the murder spree isn't in the theater! One can only wonder at the sleepless nights the creators spent ensuring that their artistic vision could be complete once they figured out where to put the new murder spree.
        I'm just glad we identified the problem as the scene taking place in a movie theater, and not that fact that it's about dozens of people getting slaughtered. That part is okay. We can still show that. But in a movie theater?!

Comment

Working...
        X