• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAN OF STEEL trailer 3

BOOM!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/man-...er-bros-video/

Re: MAN OF STEEL trailer 3

I shall remain skeptical. But that's a pretty damn good Superman trailer.
    "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
    - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

I never liked Superman, but this looks interesting. Low camp value, emphasis on the risk of an all-powerful alien being taken for a god... and maybe the temptation to accept that role? Looks like Snyder might be on to something. Well, as far as trying something different. Good chance the public will hate it, seeing how the trailer downplays the snapping American flag motif.

Or it might be huge.
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
        Good chance the public will hate it...
        Or it might be huge.
        Haha way to take a stand

Edit: for the record I think this will be big and I think it looks great

Comment

That's me not sure whether jingoism plays well anymore. This looks like the International Superman. There's pro'lly gonna be some backlash.
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I sincerely doubt the movie will live up to that trailer.

Whoever put that together should be making movies, not schleps like Zack "Style Over Substance" Snyder.

Comment

Yeah, the trailer looks amazing!! It had a young Obi Wan, cool light saber fights and an evil looking dude with a red and black face, he looked totally awesome! Man I cant wait to see, The Phantom menace!

I`m just saying is all, just saying.

Comment

Killer trailer, killer overall marketing campaign.

I always thought Snyder was perfect choice for Superman. I'm sure Nolan's influence also helped to create what seems like an awesome movie.

Also, the film has been test screening for a couple of weeks now. The rumors are, that the crowd reactions have been exceptional.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                  I never liked Superman, but this looks interesting. Low camp value, emphasis on the risk of an all-powerful alien being taken for a god... and maybe the temptation to accept that role? Looks like Snyder might be on to something. Well, as far as trying something different. Good chance the public will hate it, seeing how the trailer downplays the snapping American flag motif.

Or it might be huge.
                  Growing up, I never liked Superman because of the way he was portrayed (goofy, too perfect, etc.) and I'm a true blue comic book fan. "Superman: The Animated Series", "Smallville" and "Justice League: The Animated Series" changed my opinion of the character because he was given flaws and made relatable. This new film (the less said about the 2006 snafu, the better) looks like the bottle cap of that character development, and it helps that it's coming out around the character's 75th anniversary (that long?! that old?!).

Also glad Snyder helmed it because I adored "Watchmen", particularly the 215 minute cut, which shows flawed human society is under a superhero motif.

Watchmen=All In The Family
                  The Avengers=The Andy Griffith Show

Finally, the Blue Boy Scout has grown up.
                  Last edited by Madbandit; 04-17-2013, 02:48 AM.
                  "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by miktal-1 View Post
                    Yeah, the trailer looks amazing!! It had a young Obi Wan, cool light saber fights and an evil looking dude with a red and black face, he looked totally awesome! Man I cant wait to see, The Phantom menace!

I`m just saying is all, just saying.
                    You're not saying anything new, so don't say anything.
                    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Is he not Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter in this?

Comment

Great trailer, love the casting of Supes, whether it will be a great film is another question, but so far so good.

Watchman wasn't a home run, so I really hope Man of Steel is more focused, if Zack is disciplined then he can knock this out of the park, but he needs to rein it in a little compared to his previous works, there's zero room for indulgence here.

Anyway, I'll be there opening weekend seeing this in IMAX 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
                          Great trailer, love the casting of Supes, whether it will be a great film is another question, but so far so good.

Watchman wasn't a home run, so I really hope Man of Steel is more focused, if Zack is disciplined then he can knock this out of the park, but he needs to rein it in a little compared to his previous works, there's zero room for indulgence here.

Anyway, I'll be there opening weekend seeing this in IMAX 3D.
                          Disagree with you on "Watchmen" (time will be kind to it), but agree on "Man of Steel"

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
                            Is he not Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter in this?
                            Nope. Just a fisherman. I don't mind.

Comment

My prediction is that the Clark Kent persona will be adopted at the very end of the film. And it will be a fine moment.

I'm of two minds about Watchmen. It was excellent precisely insofar as it stuck to the letter of the Alan Moore graphic novel, but wrecked itself on the shoals in every scene in which it departed from the text. And that's not because I consider Moore's text inviolable. But Snyder made terrible choices in his numerous departures from the comic book.

Also, the actors playing Ozymandias, the Silk Spectre, and Doctor Manhattan turned in extremely lacklustre performances.

On the other hand, 300 was generally very well done.

Also, I am a great admirer of Nolan's work in the superhero genre (I considered Dark Knight Rises to be the best installment of the trilogy, and the finest superhero film yet made), though I recognize that not everyone agrees with this assessment.

It's primarily Nolan's input which I expect will elevate this into an above average film. He's very savvy in choosing exactly which material, in a character's mythos, to mine. This film clearly draws heavily on the best elements of Smallville -- which, IMO, was the one series which finally made Superman interesting -- and preserves the better aspects of the Donner films, while (as others have observed) thankfully jettisoning the camp.

Comment

Working...
                              X