No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Draft Converting to pdf Query

I want to convert script to pdf.

I have an older version of FD and when I try to "save as pdf," I get an error message "Printer Name is Invalid." It looks like it's looking for Adobe Acrobat which I don't have loaded on my computer.

Are there any free programs out there that I can download that's compatible with FD?

Thanks.

Re: Final Draft Converting to pdf Query

Originally posted by socalwriter1 View Post
    I want to convert script to pdf.

I have an older version of FD and when I try to "save as pdf," I get an error message "Printer Name is Invalid." It looks like it's looking for Adobe Acrobat which I don't have loaded on my computer.

Are there any free programs out there that I can download that's compatible with FD?
    If you're using Windows, I think CutePDF would work.

http://www.cutepdf.com/

It works on Windows 98 through 10. On the page were you download it, your are directed to download the required GPL GhostScript as well. This is version is free (they also have a professional version).
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

have you tried this?
      How to Save a Final Draft as a PDF
      Click "File" from the "Final Draft" menu. Click "Print." The "Print Script" dialog box opens.
      Click "Print to PDF." The "Save As" dialog box appears.
      Type a name for the PDF of the script, and click a folder where you want to save the PDF file. Click "OK" to save the script as a PDF file.
      what version are you running?
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Apple has PDF ability built in and yes you hit print and save as PDF basically.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Centos, I already have cutepdf but it doesn't bring the title page with it. However, someone just mentioned there is a workaround to this problem so I'll try that and see if that works.

FA4 - In my "Print Script" dialog box -- it doesn't show a "Print to PDF" option. Maybe my FD 7 version is just too old.

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by socalwriter1 View Post
            Centos, I already have cutepdf but it doesn't bring the title page with it. However, someone just mentioned there is a workaround to this problem so I'll try that and see if that works.
            Okay, good luck with the workaround. You could probably download a free program (like Trelby or KIT Scenarist), and use one of them to import you Final Draft file, and then print to PDF from there. (I know that's the roundabout way to do it, but I think it would work.)
            STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Working...
            X