Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #11
La Roach

Default Re: What TV Producers Are Currently Developing/Seeking Action/Drama Pilot Specs?

I know Anthony Zuiker, my cousin was his roomate and the one who knocked on doors for five months flying every weekend to la and getting turned down 38 times before someone thought about doing the script.

The script was called the runner, not to bad, not to good about a bookmaker who hires a kid from the neighborhood to collect money and that kid gambles his money. John goodman played the bookie.

He got repped from caa and pitched csi to bruckheimer. He was already repped and came up with the idea for csi after hearing a story about a murder case in the bronx new york where a person slamed his foot into the door of his apartment made it look like a break in and then waited for 'said' person to come over and stage the break-in and the guy was shot three times.

The creation of CSI was started in a basement in las-vegas from that story, he was working as a trolley car driver from the monte carlo to New York, New York.

Anything is possible that's why it's so important to just keep working and getting better and then you only need one break to start the avalanche. Interestingl enough Zuiker hasn't yet cracked into the feature world even though he's the creator of CSI

That is a true story. Do not believe he pitched csi without a rep. He pitched CSI to bruckheimer himself, face to face three months or so after he made a forgettable mob movie.
La Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #12
JoeBanks

Default Re: What TV Producers Are Currently Developing/Seeking Action/Drama Pilot Specs?

Mad Men was a spec pilot
JoeBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #13
Joe Unidos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBanks View Post
Mad Men was a spec pilot
..by an already-established and successful writer/producer.
Joe Unidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #14
jcgary

Guys! Please stop trying to dash my pie-in-the-sky dreams of selling a TV show when I've never worked ever before in town and I don't even have representation!

I can query networks and sell a pilot that way, right?

Does anyone know how NBC's email structure works? Is it r.greenblatt@nbc.com or robert_greenblatt@nbc.com?
jcgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #15
odocoileus

Zuiker was a talented writer who wrote a lot, was already repped by a major, and had already sold a feature. He's also a good talker/schmoozer/salesman.

Not an unknown writer.

Anything can't happen.

Good things can happen to people who are talented, work hard, get good training, and are skilled at selling themselves and making connections.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:09 AM   #16
NikeeGoddess
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgary View Post
Guys! Please stop trying to dash my pie-in-the-sky dreams of selling a TV show when I've never worked ever before in town and I don't even have representation!

I can query networks and sell a pilot that way, right?

Does anyone know how NBC's email structure works? Is it r.greenblatt@nbc.com or robert_greenblatt@nbc.com?
you crack me up.

anyhoo - just email to both addresses... one of them will bounce back, and it didn't cost you anything.
NikeeGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote