X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daredevil!

best superhero show ever

anyone else been watching this?

i'm on episode 7 and love it so far. please give a spoiler alert before any comments.

Re: Daredevil!

AMAZING! Blows every superhero TV show out the water. It's even better than some features.
    "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Only on second episode so far -- it's really good. It's probably the best dark superhero show out there. But I can't compare it directly to "The Flash", my favorite light-hearted superhero show on right now, because they're distinctly different in tone.

BTW, isn't it kind of insane that superheroes have taken over TV too?
      "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Daredevil is incredible. best superhero show on TV. Incredible.

Comment

I agree that the first nine episodes are terrific-- I really loved how being on Netflix allowed the show to play around with basic narrative rules.

But the last four episodes were a lot more straightforward and not quite as exciting as the front nine.

So I'd still put S2 Arrow as the best superhero season of TV ever-- though Flash and SHIELD are both vying for the title this year.

Of course, that may all be moot, since I suspect Daredevil will do an amazing job with the Elektra storyline whenever it gets to it.

Comment

The story line is great. But they could have taken the "dark" thing a bit less literally and used a few more lights.

I'll take this new trend over the no-steadicam-in-action-sequences fad, but not by a large margin. You can barely see some of the amazing combat choreography.

Comment

I'm on episode 7, and yeah this show rocks! Now why couldn't Agents of Shield be this good? Maybe because you can't have a superhero show w/o an actual superhero as the central character? Idk. But now i'm really looking forward to Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and their team-up show The Defenders. I wonder if they're looking for writers...

Comment

Spoilery here, but while I agree with just about all the positive comments, and I know I'm basically alone here, I felt the ending was rather too on the nose. Fisk was defeated in the manner the show was going toward, and the subsequent escape really felt like they realized they needed the hero to punch him in the face repeatedly and came across as ice thin compared to an otherwise solid lead-up.

I did a podcast where we dissected this series, but it fell apart before hitting the net (I'll try to get the audio file and maybe restart it, it was well met in a limited circle), but yeah, loved it. Performances, writing, direction, this is one of those moments where it all comes together in a way that just hits the sweet spot.

Comment

Working...
                X