Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Primer

Oh, Armond doesn't listen to film critics either...

I do think it is fair to say that Roger Ebert destroyed film criticism. Because of the wide and far reach of television, he became an example of what a film critic does for too many people. And what he did simply was not criticism. It was simply blather. And it was a kind of purposefully dishonest enthusiasm for product, not real criticism at all...I think he does NOT have the training. I think he simply had the position. I think he does NOT have the training. I'VE got the training. And frankly, I don't care how that sounds, but the fact is, I've got the training. I'm a pedigreed film critic. I've studied it. I know it. And I know many other people who've studied it as well, studied it seriously. Ebert just simply happened to have the job. And he's had the job for a long time. He does not have the foundation. He simply got the job. And if you've ever seen any of his shows, and ever watched his shows on at least a two-week basis, then you surely saw how he would review, let's say, eight movies a week and every week liked probably six of them. And that is just simply inherently dishonest. That's what's called being a shill. And it's a tragic thing that that became the example of what a film critic does for too many people. Often he wasn't practicing criticism at all. Often he would point out gaffes or mistakes in continuity. That's not criticism. That's really a pea-brained kind of fan gibberish.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwai Lo View Post
      I'm a pedigreed film critic. I've studied it. I know it.

If that loser ever got off his high horse, he'd die from the fall.

Comment

It's amazing how Bio and I can hold diametrically opposed views on so many film- and industry-related issues (film theory/criticism gives me quite the hard-on*) and still be friends.

* But what doesn't, really?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
          It's amazing how Bio and I can hold diametrically opposed views on so many film- and industry-related issues (film theory/criticism gives me quite the hard-on*) and still be friends.
          I put my hard fully on when discussing film.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post

* But what doesn't, really?
            Same here. I think I have disagreed with him on almost every film we have both seen, accept in saying that Toy Story 3 was fantastic. That being said, he's A LOT farther up that movie's ass than I am.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
              I put my hard fully on when discussing film.
              Um, you do what?

Comment

Working...
              X