• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W. trailer (Oliver Stone)

Oh boy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJh7Md5KuWc&fmt

Re: W. trailer (Oliver Stone)

Good or bad, I have ZERO desire to see this. Even if it skewers Bush, I would not be joyous, as he's already been elected twice and the horse has long left the barn. I'd rather drag myself to see Sex in the City instead. Or anything.

**insert barfing smiley here**

Comment

This whole project feels verrrrrrrrrrry misguided. Then again, what do we expect? This is the director of Alexander 1, 2, 3, 3.5, 1.5.
      Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

I dunno, sounds like fun. But I'm weird that way.
        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Not enough to get me totally excited.

Would have been nice to see him giving the speech where he said --

"I believe human beings and fish can co-exist peacefully."
          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I'm not gonna lie. Oliver Stone is one of my least favorite directors, right up there with Gus Van Sant.
            For more of my thoughts on screenwriting, check out my blog.
            Jonny Atlas Writes!

- Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Comment

I couldn't care less 'bout Dubya's early years as a drunk frat boy. It's trivial compared to the criminal behavior that's been going on behind closed doors for the last eight years.

Comment

Ugh.

Don't tell me they're gonna do this as some sort of rags (insane coked out W doing keg stands) to ummm riches (W leading our nation to the brink of economic collapse) story.
                "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

I really am just not getting the point he is driving at. How did Dubya go from Ivy league drunk to president? Because his family are extremely rich and extremely well connected.

And...?
                  Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

The problem with this movie is TIMING.

The election is four months away and the general attitude of the country has CHANGED. Times are tough, but people are generally more hopeful, want change and not afraid any more like right after 9/11, and 2003-2004 where this administration was dangerously close to becoming a totalitarian regime.

Stone is trying to galvanize people's more hopeful attitude with this film, but what he dosen't realize is most people want to MOVE ON and could care less how Bush came to power. We just want him and his cronies gone forever...
                    Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Oh God! Gus Van Sant! Worst filmmaker ever!

Well, Good Will Hunting was good. He did that, right?
                      Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by WritersBlock2010 View Post
                        The problem with this movie is TIMING.

The election is four months away and the general attitude of the country has CHANGED. Times are tough, but people are generally more hopeful, want change and not afraid any more like right after 9/11, and 2003-2004 where this administration was dangerously close to becoming a totalitarian regime.

Stone is trying to galvanize people's more hopeful attitude with this film, but what he dosen't realize is most people want to MOVE ON and could care less how Bush came to power. We just want him and his cronies gone forever...
                        I agree. I think the mood of the country is summed up by Jon Stewart when he refers to Bush as "Still President Bush".

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
                          I really am just not getting the point he is driving at. How did Dubya go from Ivy league drunk to president? Because his family are extremely rich and extremely well connected.

And...?
                          Heh. That pretty much sums it up. Where can you go from there?
                          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I'm seeing W for sure, opening weekend. Looks good so far, though not a lot is shown in terms of plot.

Comment

I'm surprised by how much they made Banks actually look like Laura Bush.
                              The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Working...
                              X