No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how many to query...

Originally posted by raven View Post

btw, how long does it usually take for an agent/manager to respond to a query. Last time a studio asked to read my script it took around 3 days to get a reply. Is that about right?
    Uh, no. In my experience it's between six weeks and two years. And I'm not kidding about the two years!

Comment

mlongton,

nice to meet you.

I should clarify...yeah. I sent a query, three days later I got a request script, and then close to 5 weeks later got great feedback and it was passed. My script is dark rom-com and they specify in dramas. It was great, and the feedback was right on mark with what I knew my script could offer and does. Now I'm just shopping it around for the right manager/agent/producer/director...but I'll start with manager first. whatever comes first.

peace,

Comment

NYNEX,

That's so great to hear about your work! I wish you every blessing and success in the coming months, to get the RIGHT director/producer and cast to bring your script to life. I'd be pissing my pants.

What a feeling.... makes me happy just thinking about it.
        Thanks a lot for the sentiments.

btw, how long does it usually take for an agent/manager to respond to a query. Last time a studio asked to read my script it took around 3 days to get a reply. Is that about right?

thanks NY,

nite.
        In my case it's been about a day to six weeks. As for reading the script, in my case that's can take months.

So basically, while you hope for the best for your submissions, in the mean time move on to your next script and/or send out more queries.
        Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/NyFilmmaker32/videos

Comment

So basically, while you hope for the best for your submissions, in the mean time move on to your next script and/or send out more queries.

NYNEX,

Good idea, well do!

You're so nice

Comment

Query every single mofo in that place. I have had multiple reads at different agents, while still getting back the "we don't read unsolicited material." If someone emails you back and asks why you're querying them, look them up or their client list and say, "I wrote it for (insert their client here) or I heard your name while picketing during the strike and liked what I heard about you, so I decided to contact you after I finished my script. I probably have five reads from doing that, one being at CAA.

Comment

Razerfish

Hey Razer,

I haven't heard from you over at 2A lately....

Are you still churning out scripts at a high rate of speed?

Had any successes with any of them?

Comment

Originally posted by razerfish View Post
                Query every single mofo in that place. I have had multiple reads at different agents, while still getting back the "we don't read unsolicited material." If someone emails you back and asks why you're querying them, look them up or their client list and say, "I wrote it for (insert their client here) or I heard your name while picketing during the strike and liked what I heard about you, so I decided to contact you after I finished my script. I probably have five reads from doing that, one being at CAA.

thanks Razerfish!

I'm doing that - trying. I'm trying to find the right people: agents/managers that rep the right directors and producers that do dark rom-com, the kooky stuff. The list is kinda short but I'm trying. Still waiting to hear back from a few - I never knew getting an answer from a query would take this long...than again, what's considered a long wait?

If they even answer back? I hope they would...I don't know.

But thanks for getting back to me, that was very nice of you

Any tips for this young gal?

Comment

thanks Razerfish!

I'm doing that - trying. I'm trying to find the right people: agents/managers that rep the right directors and producers that do dark rom-com, the kooky stuff. The list is kinda short but I'm trying. Still waiting to hear back from a few - I never knew getting an answer from a query would take this long...than again, what's considered a long wait?

If they even answer back? I hope they would...I don't know.

But thanks for getting back to me, that was very nice of you

Any tips for this young gal?
                  As always, move on to your next script. Don't get stuck on any one script.
                  Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/NyFilmmaker32/videos

Comment

Originally posted by NYNEX View Post
                    As always, move on to your next script. Don't get stuck on any one script.

NYNEX,

Thank you for lookin' out for me . You're turning into my big bro on DD.

I am actually working on another script. Truth is, I haven't touched it for a week, so your reminder is helping me get back on the ball.

Thanks babe,

Comment

Re: Razerfish

Originally posted by adam612 View Post
                      Hey Razer,

I haven't heard from you over at 2A lately....

Are you still churning out scripts at a high rate of speed?

Had any successes with any of them?
                      Adam, yes, still burning through scripts, though I slowed down during the strike. Didn't write anything, just did other things. Got tons of reads from the two we marketed, figured out how to get a high amount of reads. Will pass on what I know after I break through. Takes some serious work but it's worth it.

Most people who read don't get back to you, some do. One prodco's sent it one of the American Pie movie's directors, who then said it needed a re-write. She then lost interest in it. I also get some people come back and say they liked it, send me your other stuff. Some of these guys are huge producers too. Some give notes, which are usually terrible, and makes me think they don't know anything about story.

Finished two TV specs just recently. Got them into about 5 places to read so far. Trying to get them into more places. Hoping we get on staff this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X