Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Produced by Conference

Anyone have any strategies for writers attending the Produced by Conference?

Thanks, LA
    LA
    Check out my animated feature available on VOD:
    www.TheGridZom.com

Re: Produced by Conference

Don't be That Guy

Comment

um... okay... thanks, but first of all, not a guy.
      i am trying to get the most out of the experience, not pitch everyone in the elevator, so if anyone has attended and can share their experience as a writer attending the conference, that would be great.
      thank you! LA
      LA
      Check out my animated feature available on VOD:
      www.TheGridZom.com

Comment

it was the royal "That Guy" i've seen women (some even on these boards) be That Guy at plenty of events.

i've not been to Produced By (1) because of the price; and (2) although it seems interesting to hear producers talk about the issues of the day I never got the sense that it was writer-friendly in the same way that Austin or Nashville or even something like the Expo/Great American Pitchfest are.

Comment

Never been, but I know people who have. It should be viewed IMHO, less as a networking event, than an educational one. Also it is really more aimed at people interested in producing (as I am) as well as writing. But it is sort of like one of those "grad school" or "college" for a day classes, at least according to someone I know who went.

Might you meet someone /while there? Sure. But you also might meet someone at the gym (it's happened to me!)

Comment

Working...
          X