Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avengers End Game

I don't know if anyone knew this, but last Avengers movie is coming out today. Just FYI in case you missed it.

Re: Avengers End Game

The audience I saw it with really enjoyed it. Lots of clapping at the end.

For me, it delivers some massive payoffs, but I didn't like it as much as Infinity War or Black Panther overall. You know what you're getting with these films and I think I've reached my saturation point. I skipped Ant-Man & The Wasp and Captain Marvel, and I'm likely to sit out the MCU for a while.

Without getting into any specific spoilers, I think Endgame has some strong character moments, but thinking too hard about the plot logic might explode your brain.

Comment

What this "Avengers" thing you speak of?
      "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Not as good as the book... just sayin'
        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
          I don't know if anyone knew this, but last Avengers movie is coming out today. Just FYI in case you missed it.
          "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
            What this "Avengers" thing you speak of?
            Come on Optimus Prime!
            This one --

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118661/

Comment

Is this playing at the Laemle? This is the first I am hearing of it.

Comment

How were those fans able to endure the 3 day 22 movie fan event? How did they sleep, shower?

Comment

Originally posted by DaltWisney View Post
                  The audience I saw it with really enjoyed it. Lots of clapping at the end.

For me, it delivers some massive payoffs, but I didn't like it as much as Infinity War or Black Panther overall. You know what you're getting with these films and I think I've reached my saturation point. I skipped Ant-Man & The Wasp and Captain Marvel, and I'm likely to sit out the MCU for a while.

Without getting into any specific spoilers, I think Endgame has some strong character moments, but thinking too hard about the plot logic might explode your brain.

I secretly have started to hate Marvel because it doesn't allow for as much original movies in the theaters. All the screenings wiped out all the little and medium movies I planned to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                    I secretly have started to hate Marvel because it doesn't allow for as much original movies in the theaters. All the screenings wiped out all the little and medium movies I planned to see.
                    Seriously. The Hollywood Arclight was showing like 4 or 5 movies total this weekend. I've never seen such a thing. I tried to go see Under The Silver Lake at the Los Feliz 3 and it was sold out 15 minutes before showtime. I assume everyone in the city who wasn't going to see Avengers!

Comment

Originally posted by DLev24 View Post
                      Seriously. The Hollywood Arclight was showing like 4 or 5 movies total this weekend. I've never seen such a thing. I tried to go see Under The Silver Lake at the Los Feliz 3 and it was sold out 15 minutes before showtime. I assume everyone in the city who wasn't going to see Avengers!

Normally, my multiplexes will play a wide variety of movies that I get to see. Just like Thanos, Avengers wiped out almost any sign of other movies. The remaining ones are the big ones I've seen and even those were inconvenient times. There were screenings for Avengers almost every ten minutes.

Comment

Go see "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote" from Terry Gilliam. You won't regret it.
                        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                          Go see "The Man Who Killed Don Quixote" from Terry Gilliam. You won't regret it.

Cool. I'll put it on my list.

Comment

Normally, my multiplexes will play a wide variety of movies that I get to see. Just like Thanos, Avengers wiped out almost any sign of other movies. The remaining ones are the big ones I've seen and even those were inconvenient times. There were screenings for Avengers almost every ten minutes.
                            This has been happening since Harry Potter movies or Twlight or Dark Knight or other Marvel movies. Just saying w/o the big movies, they wouldn't still be in business at al.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                              This has been happening since Harry Potter movies or Twlight or Dark Knight or other Marvel movies. Just saying w/o the big movies, they wouldn't still be in business at al.

The multiplexes near me had done a good job of giving a lot of screens for those tentpoles, but still leaving screens for some of the other choice. I just notice this time, most of those other movies were taken down and the number of showtimes doubled. I was there for the other Avengers last year and they didn't wipe out that many alternate titles.

Comment

Working...
                              X