Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Agents, Lawyers & Managers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #1
ClintW3
Regular

Default Believeland Management?

Does anyone has any experience or insights?

A one-person shop: Le'Ander Nicholson
Thanks in advance.
ClintW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
harbak
User

Default Re: Believeland Management?

He was a TV Lit agent at Kaplan Stahler for 1 year, then had a non rep temp job for the last 6 months. Seems like he's part time at best on the management side, just hoping to catch something that sticks. That's all pretty much available via his Linked In so no real insights.
harbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbak View Post
He was a TV Lit agent at Kaplan Stahler for 1 year, then had a non rep temp job for the last 6 months. Seems like he's part time at best on the management side, just hoping to catch something that sticks. That's all pretty much available via his Linked In so no real insights.
I have no specific intel about him.

But this description of his career path doesn't mean stay away. Management is hard. While we all want the big-name guy or the big-name company, often what you want is somebody hungry who is willing to bust their ass for you. I know plenty of people who have had the big-name manager at the big-name company and found themselves getting service poorly.

Also, a lot of the time what people in the above-described position are trying to do is have enough success that they can "get acquired" by a bigger company.

It's a little weird that he was an agent for that little an amount of time and left not for another agency job, but there are plenty of reasonable explanations for that.

That being said, with these one-man shops, you need to ask some important questions. What you're most focused on is: "Is this person really interested in management? Are they interested in helping my career, or are they looking for material they can control to further their career as a producer, and using management as an avenue to further that?"

I know of a really big name guy (used to be a big, big agent) who repped a friend of mine as a manager, and it was clear he was only interested in developing material he could attach to as a producer, and he never really supported the rest of her work - so this guy's relative lack of experience may not be relevant as to whether that's what he's doing or not.

Do your own due diligence. Do your own research. If you google his name a tweet crops up from Feb 2015 (when he left Kaplan Stahler) - unfortunately the blog it links to has been taken down, but it might be relevant.
Ronaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #4
tamiudevils
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldinho View Post
I have no specific intel about him.

But this description of his career path doesn't mean stay away. Management is hard. While we all want the big-name guy or the big-name company, often what you want is somebody hungry who is willing to bust their ass for you. I know plenty of people who have had the big-name manager at the big-name company and found themselves getting service poorly.

Also, a lot of the time what people in the above-described position are trying to do is have enough success that they can "get acquired" by a bigger company.

It's a little weird that he was an agent for that little an amount of time and left not for another agency job, but there are plenty of reasonable explanations for that.

That being said, with these one-man shops, you need to ask some important questions. What you're most focused on is: "Is this person really interested in management? Are they interested in helping my career, or are they looking for material they can control to further their career as a producer, and using management as an avenue to further that?"

I know of a really big name guy (used to be a big, big agent) who repped a friend of mine as a manager, and it was clear he was only interested in developing material he could attach to as a producer, and he never really supported the rest of her work - so this guy's relative lack of experience may not be relevant as to whether that's what he's doing or not.

Do your own due diligence. Do your own research. If you google his name a tweet crops up from Feb 2015 (when he left Kaplan Stahler) - unfortunately the blog it links to has been taken down, but it might be relevant.
I know I’m late to the party, but I thought I should share my experience with him. I wasn’t sure at first how he got my contact information, but I quickly realized after doing a little research.

After a quick Google search, I learned he partnered with WAN (Writers Assistant Network) to put on the writers’ workshop. If you aren’t familiar with WAN, you should check them out. So my guess is, he got my contact information when I applied to WAN’s Writers Workshop.

He contacted me via email. And despite getting a bad vibe, I was willing to entertain meeting up with him in person. Needless to say, we had several exchanges via email. We picked a date and time to meet up and the day before our proposed meeting, I emailed to confirm.

He never emailed me back. Months later, he contacted me when one of my projects got picked up and wanted to meet up again. He acted like nothing happened and never mentioned why he flaked on me.
tamiudevils is offline   Reply With Quote