Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2017, 06:01 PM   #51
Friday

Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangoForth View Post
They're looking for projects that can be produced in the $5-25 million budget range. That's for features. No idea on pilots.
Do you know anything about their agreements for even uploading plus option? I read some board discussions where they expressed concerns about them.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #52
hockeyjason
User

They're signatory. We got WGA minimums for our work.

JD
hockeyjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:56 PM   #53
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjason View Post
They're signatory. We got WGA minimums for our work.

JD
Cool. Thanks.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:11 AM   #54
catcon

Has anybody else tried to submit a new Feature/Pilot to Amazon Studio this week? I did, on Monday, but it's stalled in '[Not Published Yet]' mode. Moving into their normal process (Received, Queued, Evaluating, etc.) usually took mere minutes or at most an hour.

I wrote Tech Support and got this back:

Quote:
I looked into this a bit further, and it does seem that our system is experiencing a delay in the processing and publishing of new submissions at this time. Our technical teams say that the issue has been isolated and they are waiting on rolling out a fix for it. This could take up to three days before the issue is completely fixed.
That's fine with me (it's now in Day 4), but I wanted to see how others are doing, just in case it's personal and they don't want me to send them anything any more. I've pitched them several dozen (including revisions) over the years!

PS. Actually, I'm patient and have many irons in various fires, so a secondary purpose of this post is to reinvigorate the topic. For instance, I'd be interested to know if there have been any changes that affect writers or submissions since Price left.
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:19 AM   #55
ClintW3
Regular

I get the feeling that the entire project has been quietly abandoned...overwhelmed by 180-page sci-fi fantasy epics and other bulls**t.

Dismantling the discussion board is a clue.

I've had a pilot in the "evaluating" phase since mid-September and I expect it to be there when September returns.
ClintW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #56
spyder23

Clint,

I disagree. I have a feature that is still getting private downloads and has been with them since June. Never been made public and two weeks ago, I got my 4th download so I know they're still looking at stuff. This feature has been in Deciding since late June.

I also have a pilot (also Private) with them going on 8 months, and its still in Deciding. That pilot sat in Evaluating for 7 months and about 3 1/2 weeks ago, went to Deciding and is still there.
spyder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:46 PM   #57
ClintW3
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder23 View Post
Clint,

I disagree. I have a feature that is still getting private downloads and has been with them since June. Never been made public and two weeks ago, I got my 4th download so I know they're still looking at stuff. This feature has been in Deciding since late June.

I also have a pilot (also Private) with them going on 8 months, and its still in Deciding. That pilot sat in Evaluating for 7 months and about 3 1/2 weeks ago, went to Deciding and is still there.
A case in which I'm happy to be wrong. Good luck!
ClintW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:47 PM   #58
hockeyjason
User

They looked at something of mine for 50 days, and another script for like 2 days. So who really knows how they do stuff.
hockeyjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #59
catcon

Well, it's a free open submission system, so none of us should complain much.

Mind you, as per their techie's statement the current submission difficulties would be fixed in 3 days, I'm in Day 6 and my feature is still stuck in '[Not Published Yet]', so their technical problem (if that's what it is) appears to be bigger than they estimated.

Thank goodness for the talent/skill of 'patience', which all of us must have.
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:30 PM   #60
EdFury

They have just about completely abandoned it. It was a huge expensive failure for them, so they take submissions, get to them when they do, and reject everything. They've gone to the studio model to get projects, just like Netflix and Hulu, known agents, experienced producers, and production companies.
EdFury is offline   Reply With Quote