Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #31
GucciGhostXXX

Default Re: You're a producer, fo realz???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoChanning View Post
I've been at this for over fifteen years and things have definitely gotten worse. Unless you're an A-lister, and I know there are several here, the lowly screenwriter is expected to have "attachments" in place, to even be considered. Then, what the F*ck do we need producers for? Supplying kick-ass content isn't enough, apparently.
Right!?

I had a meeting at a prodco (think: superhero franchises) and I straight up asked them "You guys got any OWAs you're looking to fill?" They're like "Nope! We're looking for IP just like you..."

WTF? Then why am I here? And secondly, how the fukk can I compete with the IP you guys can get??
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:15 PM   #32
finalact4

if it'll make you feel any better, i listened to a podcast with a top manager and he said that producers do the same to them. they get ghosted, too. all we expect is for them to be ****ing human.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:57 AM   #33
AnyOtherName
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
Right!?

I had a meeting at a prodco (think: superhero franchises) and I straight up asked them "You guys got any OWAs you're looking to fill?" They're like "Nope! We're looking for IP just like you..."

WTF? Then why am I here? And secondly, how the fukk can I compete with the IP you guys can get??
Right?! Like, they've got a) an entire apparatus built around finding IP, and b) the resources to pursue what they find. I am... a dude with Amazon Prime. When I DO find cool IP, the response is usually disappointment that it's old / not a best-seller / "hard." Uh, yeah.
AnyOtherName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #34
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyOtherName View Post
Right?! Like, they've got a) an entire apparatus built around finding IP, and b) the resources to pursue what they find. I am... a dude with Amazon Prime. When I DO find cool IP, the response is usually disappointment that it's old / not a best-seller / "hard." Uh, yeah.
TRUTH!