Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agents' or Managers' Assistants

I'm sure we've all read where querying assistants is one route to getting read.

But I don't know of anyone who has had success (defined as querying assistants, they read and loved it enough to pass on to their boss). Have any of you had any success going this route?

The very old posts here weren't very optimistic.

Thanks.

Re: Agents' or Managers' Assistants

I wouldn't take this approach unless I actually knew the assistant and I felt comfortable asking for a favor. When your material is requested by a bigger agency, it's probably going to go to a reader before it goes to the person you actually want it to go to. Getting an assistant involved just creates another potential pass/no.

Just my two cents, though. Maybe someone has had a more positive experience.
    Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

All accounts of the story (there are a few) say that Young Il Kim queried Jason Hong, the assistant of Richard Arlook, with RODHAM.

Good luck!

A
      Write, rite, wright... until you get it RIGHT.

Comment

Originally posted by asteven50 View Post
        All accounts of the story (there are a few) say that Young Il Kim queried Jason Hong, the assistant of Richard Arlook, with RODHAM.

Good luck!

A
        I believe he queried Mr. Arlook who liked the query enough to forward it to his then assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamboogul View Post
          I believe he queried Mr. Arlook who liked the query enough to forward it to his then assistant.
          Funny, I had read an interview with Hong where he said that Arlook allowed him to start looking for his own clients, so he started going through query emails and admittedly chose Kim's because he had a Korean name.

Another article I read said that Hong read the query and the script, then sent the script to Arlook who was at home visiting his Dad.

Like I said, there are many versions of this one. Wouldn't be surprised if any of them are true.
          Write, rite, wright... until you get it RIGHT.

Comment

Those accounts might be true. I'm just saying that the writer of RODHAM queried the manager, not the asst.

Comment

I think "Hamboogul," aka Young Il Kim, might be right since he's the writer you're talking about. Ha!

Comment

Working...
              X