Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
kenp
User

Default Legendary Pictures

Does anyone have the emails for Jon Jashni or Thomas Tull at Legendary?

The old structures (below) don't work anymore.

---1st initial last name @legendarypictures.com
---1st name . last name @warnerbros.com
---1st name . last name @wbconsultant.com

Thanks,

Ken
kenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
keithcalder
User

Default Re: Legendary Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp View Post
Does anyone have the emails for Jon Jashni or Thomas Tull at Legendary?

The old structures (below) don't work anymore.

---1st initial last name @legendarypictures.com
---1st name . last name @warnerbros.com
---1st name . last name @wbconsultant.com

Thanks,

Ken
I know there are a lot of these threads here about various companies. But what do you guys honestly think is going to come from cold-emailing Jon Jashni or Thomas Tull? I mean, do you really think they have time to read a blind submission even if they are intrigued by an unsolicited pitch email? I don't have time to do that, and I'm far less busy than these guys.

I don't mean to be overly negative. I'm just trying to figure out what the end-game is here with tracking down Thomas Tull's email address. It's a bit like trying to email demo songs to Adele.
keithcalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
kenp
User

Keith,

I'd had reads and then phone calls about the script from top agents at the big 3, and top producers... all from cold email queries (directly from the person or their assistant).

If the logline is great, you've got a shot.

--K

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithcalder View Post
I know there are a lot of these threads here about various companies. But what do you guys honestly think is going to come from cold-emailing Jon Jashni or Thomas Tull? I mean, do you really think they have time to read a blind submission even if they are intrigued by an unsolicited pitch email? I don't have time to do that, and I'm far less busy than these guys.

I don't mean to be overly negative. I'm just trying to figure out what the end-game is here with tracking down Thomas Tull's email address. It's a bit like trying to email demo songs to Adele.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
michaelb

Quote:

This.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
Madbandit

Quote:

There's also the point that the company has recently severed ties with Warner Bros. So, Legendary maybe in a state of transition.

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore
Madbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
IGetsBuckets
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbandit View Post
There's also the point that the company has recently severed ties with Warner Bros. So, Legendary maybe in a state of transition.
They actually partnered with Universal already (although I believe the actual partnership starts in 2014).
IGetsBuckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
kenp
User

Look, I'm simply asking if anyone has the email address.

I've given help to others that requested info about 50 times without questions.

I've had meetings at 3 prodcos after reads from cold queries and numerous calls.

Another cold query to a huge agent at UTA resulted in him requesting it right away and asking that no one else see it, an overnight script read, and then a few phone calls. He took it into 3 big places right away, but we couldn't get any traction.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
Geoff Alexander

Quote:

More along the lines of trying to get Scott Rudin or Donna Langley's email, I think. Anyone with a modicum of awareness about how things work will realize that pursuing this course of action is almost always pointless. But, OP wasn't asking if it was a good idea, so it's probably pointless to explain why.
Geoff Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
Levenger

I've heard rumors that these big guys actually employ others to deal with finding/developing scripts. I don't know, maybe it's just some old wive's tale. Anyway what's Bruckheimer's cell #?
Levenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #10
LIMAMA

Forget Bruckheimer. I want Micheal Bay's cell. I have a slightly dented air conditioner to sell him.