Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2015, 09:23 AM   #1
cjryan111
User

Default Amazon Studios Process question

Can anyone clarify/share their experience re the process?

We submitted a screenplay to Amazon Studios in October and were expecting to have a response in the given 45 days, give or take a few.

A couple of days ago, in the "Received, Queued, Evaluating, Deciding" process, the "Complete" step was struck out, at which point Amazon says they will contact the writer within 48 hours with a decision. Now that step is no longer struck through. So, what? They're done deciding but it's not complete??

No word from them yet.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.
CJ
cjryan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:47 AM   #2
harbak
User

Default Re: Amazon Studios Process question

Once it's complete and you haven't been offered an option it's done. You may have missed the email from them, but if you received nothing or a pass it's done. Keep writing.
harbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #3
datahog
New User

Amazon very recently revamped their submission procedure and they no longer have a 45-day option. So what likely happened was you got caught in the change-over to the new system and there have been some hiccups. But once it's complete you should still hear within 48 hours. If you haven't I'd contact them.
datahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 05:35 PM   #4
Terri
User

What datahog said re:hiccups.
My original end date is 12/16 but the day of the change my script went straight to COMPLETE... that was on 11/16! I STILL haven't heard from them.

So the thing about hearing from them in 48-hours does not seem to apply to those of us who uploaded our scripts before the major change. I think WE have to wait until out original date to hear anything from them.
Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
Mpimentel
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by datahog View Post
Amazon very recently revamped their submission procedure and they no longer have a 45-day option. So what likely happened was you got caught in the change-over to the new system and there have been some hiccups. But once it's complete you should still hear within 48 hours. If you haven't I'd contact them.

That. Before basically you just got stuck on deciding until the 45 day period ended, meaning its a no, but they will run out their 45 day option.

Now, they just changed over to no more free 45 day option. You send, and basically either hear or not from them, but your material can be shopped around right away.
Episode 2 (African commercial)
Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)
Mpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote