No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open source software for screenwriters

Hello!

I'm glad to publish the next update of KIT Scenarist 0.7.1 rc4, which included a number of improvements and fixes:
    - fixed the problem of creating a project in the cloud, with no connection to the Internet;
    - the amount of used space in the cloud is now displayed in the user cabinet;
    - the problem with checking spelling in abbreviations has been fixed;
    - fixed the problem with deleting comments related to the text that was erased;
    - improved rendering of the script editor in pagination mode;
    - and other minor improvements and bug fixes.

I want to say thank you for everyone! Your bug reports greatly helps to fix error much faster, although, frankly, not always the reports help to understand everything about the issue... Sometimes it is just necessary to know how to reproduce this or that bug, so please, do not be angry if I suddenly interrogate with a passion for the topic "how did you do it?"

Have a nice day and creative mood!

Download https://kitscenarist.ru/en/download.html
    Developer of the Free and Open Source screenwriting software KIT Scenarist

Comment

Hello!

We took another small step forward and prepared the version KIT Scenarist 0.7.1 rc5. It included the following improvements:
      - fixed the problem with the putting of folders at the third and more deeper level of nesting;
      - improved responsiveness of the program when creating a new project;
      - improved display of scene colors in the scenes navigator (now the scene has one main color, and all the others are considered secondary);
      - added the ability to view the full text of the scene right in the navigator, you need to hold down Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) and then move the mouse cursor over the scene, the text of which you want to see;
      - improved the algorithm for preserving the names of the characters and the scene headings;
      - improved highlighting the current block in the script.

In addition, this update adds a compact mode (Settings - Application - Compact mode) for monitors with low resolution and those who like more compact interfaces. And for screens with a resolution of fewer than 1360 pixels in width, the use of a two-panel mode is prohibited, for the reason that it simply does not fit into such a small screen. Screenshot: https://kitscenarist.ru/assets/image...compact-en.png

There is also good news for owners of old Macs who do not want to update the operating system to the latest version - now together with the main version for Mac OS X we will release a version based on old libraries with the code name granny It will work on Mac OS X, starting with version OS X Lion 10.07. The only thing that in this version there will be some known problems, for example now, shortcuts didn't work properly for changing paragraph style in some cases. Otherwise, the granny version should work without significant differences from the main version for Mac OS X.

P.S. Now updates do not come out as often as we would like ... But it's not that we abandoned the project, in fact, we are hiding! Now we are very interested in the development of mobile versions for both Android and iOS and I think that within a month or two we will publish mobile applications. Mobile applications will be paid. At the start, a price will be equal to 99 Rubles. At the beginning, they will include the ability to edit script text, import and export from/to any sources (Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, etc.). You can work in the application with projects located both on your device and with cloud projects in our service (of course, with the possibility of collaborative editing). And after we release mobile applications, we switch to the desktop version, so much has accumulated, that our hands are scratching to take it!

Comment

Hey!

A lot of time has passed since we started working on a mobile version, but it's time to share the first results of this work. Happy to introduce you to the Android version!

The first version includes next features:
        - creation of projects on the device and in the cloud service;
        - viewing screenplay text and editing it in accordance with industry standards;
        - view the list of scenes and navigate the text of the script;
        - import scripts from the fdx, fountain, docx and kitsp formats from any installed application;
        - export scripts to pdf, fdx, fountain docx and kitsp formats in any of the installed applications.

The first version is not yet complete. In the next month or two, there will be a few updates that will add, at a minimum, a built-in help and an opportunity to edit title page.

Like I said before, the mobile version will be paid. Starting with 99 rubles.

You can download the app via https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....kit.scenarist or you can search the Play Market on our application name.

Well, as usual, guys, if you see any problems, glitches, bugs, or suggestions, I'm ready to discuss everything and make the app even better.

Let's go!

P.S. Version for iOS in work and we really want to release it as soon as possible. So don't worry, folks, it's near to be done.

Comment

Hey, guys!

We have a lot of news today!

First, the event of the day - the version for iOS has already been approved to the AppStore and it is available for download! It turned out that Apple has recently switched to accelerated application reviewing and now it lasts not 2 weeks, but 1-2 days! So guys, who were waiting for this moment - he came! I'm very happy and congratulate all of us on the release of the KIT Scenarist version for iOS!!!

Next is not very good news - we have got a mistake with the cost of the application, it turned out that in the AppStore we can not set the price yourself, and we can only use default price grids, as a result, the first version for iOS will cost not 99, but 149 rubles, I apologize for my ignorance in this matter, in the future I will be more attentive.

The next news about the Android version. Today, we published an update that fixes program crashes when importing scripts from Dropbox in some cases.

Well, the latest news is dedicated to pirates and those who decide to use their services. We got information that the apk-files of the Android-version appear on the network. We were ready for this, so we decided to present you a gift - a version of the program which wasn't installed from the Google Play Market, will continue to work. Except for one small nuance - sometimes the program will delete a random script from the phone. Be ready, pirate life is full of dangers !

So, this is the link to download iOS version from AppStore.

Have a good day, my friends!

Comment

Salute, guys!

We have an update - meet the version of KIT Scenarist 0.7.1 rc 6!

And in it:
            - improved synchronization of research documents in the cloud service;
            - fixed the problem of closing the save file and open file dialogs in Mac OS X when working with cloud projects;
            - fixed the problem with the fall of the program when switching between mind maps in research;
            - fixed the problem in the work of hot keys in mental maps;
            - fixed a lot of bugs in the cards due to which there were "ghost" cards, fixed problems with undo and redo, the cards disappeared, etc. If you had same problems with your projects, in order for the cards to work normally, you will have to create a new project and put a script into it;
            - fixed a problem with export to MS Word, when review marks contain links;
            - fixed the problem with displaying the current script editor template, in some cases, it was displayed incorrectly;
            - the double dash is no longer emphasized as a spelling mistake;
            - now when importing, app checks that the imported file exists and not empty, if something went wrong, the import is interrupted;
            - added processing of the case of merging characters: if you decide to merge two characters into one, you can now change the character's name to the desired one and two characters will be merged into one, descriptions of both characters are also merged;
            - have been added translations to Farsi and Chinese.

Also, we signed Mac OS X version, so, now it should allow using application without any restrictions.

I wish everyone a nice day and a sunny mood!

Comment

Hi, people!

The next update has already been published!

And in it:
              - the problem of reopening mind maps has now been completely fixed;
              - fixed a small regression from the previous version with the display of the scene numbers in the script editor;
              - one more bug when scene numbers was zero is fixed (I hope this was the last problem associated with this);
              - another problem with the synchronization of projects with collaborators through the cloud was found and fixed;
              - the dialogs for adding cards, scenes and design elements have been slightly improved.

It seems that version 0.7.1 will soon be rightfully called stable! Meanwhile, we are moving on to work on the next version of KIT Scenarist 0.7.2. In it, many improvements and useful tools will come to us. As I prepare, I will publish small reviews of various innovations.

In addition, we are waiting for a couple of updates to the mobile version, which will add the ability to copy/paste/search for text, the ability to edit the title page and help. And then more and more updates I feel, in the future, a mobile version will need a separate site or, at least section on the site.

Well, for now ... download the update and go to tell your incredible stories!

Download - https://kitscenarist.ru/en/download.html

Comment

Hey, guys.

Today we have a small update. It includes fix for crash on projects opening and improved cloud service working (fixed one bug and improved cards sync).

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who supports us today! Your bug reports, criticism, and suggestions make the program better together with us! Thank you very much for this, friends!

Comment

Good morning, guys. And we have another small update of KIT Scenarist 0.7.1 rc9.

It fixed some problems with cards and improved the synchronization of cards stamps in the cloud service.

I wish you productive day!

Comment

Hi, guys!

I hope you are not bored here especially without news and updates!?

The silence was because I had a vacation from the main job, but I was so relaxed that even a taken laptop for daily two-hour work on KIT was gathering dust all this time... But now I well rested and ready for new accomplishments! Now, for sure, we'll rock!

P.S. And how do you relax? It turns out? Or do you, like programmers, always work in the background in the head, even during the rest?

Comment

Guys, hello everyone!

And we have a small update of KIT Scenarist 0.7.1 rc10. In him:
                      - fixed the problem with blinking scene numbers in some cases;
                      - fixed the problem with spontaneous changes of the editor's notes color;
                      - fixed the problems of synchronization of script text with editor's notes;
                      - a script template for the Chinese has been added.

And we have already started work on the first beta version 0.7.2, and interesting long-awaited functions are getting closer and closer!

Comment

Hey yo! We have another article with information on how to use the mobile version of the program! In the future update of the mobile version, this help article will be integrated directly into the application.

https://kitscenarist.ru/en/help/howt...e_version.html

Comment

Hello!

For a long time we did not have news, and updates even longer So, I want to say that the next version of KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 1 is available for download!

The first beta includes bug fixes and improvements to the functionality of the research module, as well as the dialog for initial setting of the application (the dialog will be displayed only after the first application launch).

New features and improvements:
                          - added dialog for initial setting of the application;
                          - added the ability to export research documents to a PDF file (Menu - Export - Export research);
                          - when you import a project from the KITSP file, not only the script text is imported now, but all the research data;
                          - added the ability to set the default font for the research text documents;
                          - in text documents, added the ability to reset the text style (additional button on the toolbar of the text editor);
                          - added the ability to save a mind map to an image file;
                          - optimized application work with images (now projects with a lot of images will work much faster);
                          - a power consumption of the program on hybrid video cards in Mac OS X was optimized;
                          - added the translation of the program into Hebrew with the corresponding adaptation of the interface (now there are several problems with the interface layout from the right-to-left (statistics, settings, cursor), they will be fixed in future versions);
                          - added spell checking dictionaries for Hebrew and Polish;
                          - finalization templates for the Final Draft screenplay.

Fixed bugs:
                          - fixed problem with the program crash when double-clicking on a project from the list of recent ones;
                          - fixed the problem with updating the name of the current project in the list of recent projects when it is changed;
                          - fixed the problem with jumps of text cursor when changing the name of the research document;
                          - fixed a bug in the text editor, with losing text style (bold, italic, underline) after changing the font size;
                          - another error of mental maps was corrected, which caused the application to crash;
                          - fixed crash when working with projects with a large number of photos;
                          - fixed errors in importing scripts from the FDX format.

The next beta will include bug fixes and updates of the cards module.

Once again I want to express my gratitude to you, friends. Thank you for your participation, for reporting errors, suggesting improvements, praising and scolding the program, for telling friends and acquaintances about it, and for joking about it so cute (hello Valery)! This is very important for the project, for its development, and of course, personally for me! Thank you very much!

Comment

Guys, hello!

Did you not expect!? And we are here for the next beta! KIT Scenarist 0.7.2 beta 2 is ready!

It included improvements of the cards module, as well as the correction of a couple of shortcomings from the previous beta:
                            - added the ability to arrange cards in the columns;
                            - fixed bug in the appearance of cards/scenes that can not be deleted;
                            - fixed the problem of knocking down the number of cards;
                            - fixed the problem of adding 5 or more acts;
                            - fixed the problem with displaying empty acts after the application restart;
                            - added check before saving, which look at the amount of available free space on the computer, and, in case of its lack, a warning message will now be displayed that there may be problems with saving.

And also fixed the problems that occurred in the previous version:
                            - fixed the problem with the cursor jump to the beginning of a text document in development;
                            - fixed a problem with blinking the scrollbar.

The next beta probably will not be so fast, but it will include the improvements of the script editor module.

But still, see you soon, friends!

Comment

Hello, everybody! We have finally returned to work on the mobile version of the program and the first update is ready.

So, the update includes the following improvements and fixes:
                              - the core of application has been updated to the latest version (in accordance with the latest stable version of the desktop version);
                              - a help page with information on how to use the mobile version is added to the menu;
                              - fixed bug with the fact that the bottom panel with styles did not always show;
                              - fixed crash when renaming a cloud project.

More improvements will come later!

P.S. Yes, yes... we remember that in our mobile version there are still problems with keyboard extensions, external keyboards and selecting/copying/pasting text ... Even cat Alexander found a couple of bugs in the iOS version... Therefore, now we will just concentrate on correcting them and bringing the mobile version to the most stable state! Thank you all for the feedback!

Comment

Finally! Finally, I finished this article about synchronizing projects between different devices in different ways! Hooray!

If someone is interested in reading, then it's here. And at the same time, it changed the help section a little, now every article will have an abstract and the number of comments to it. You can see it right here.

Comment

Working...
                                X