Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2017, 04:41 PM   #1
Chroa
User

Question Pitching Series Over Phone Tips?

Hi there,

Later this week I'll be calling a production executive to try to pitch a pilot I helped create. This is mostly at the cocreator's suggestion.

I haven't called pitched anything over the phone before [or heck, even called anyone this important before]. I've always just emailed, talked in person, or used submission fields.

Do you have any tips on pitching series over the phone? or articles about it?

Apparently, as my cocreator said when he gave me the number, it's the executive's 'personal number'. That's probably not much of a guarantee that an assistant won't answer it - but it feels like more pressure this way.

I don't have a rep, or any previous connection to the executive, so I'm wondering if there's a good way to keep them from hanging up right away.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #2
Levenger

Default Re: Pitching Series Over Phone Tips?

You're cold calling a producer you've never met to pitch a series on their personal phone line that you don't have any business having?

Yeah, don't do that.
Levenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:04 PM   #3
Chroa
User

Exclamation Re: Pitching Series Over Phone Tips?

Heh...yeah...I've been having trouble with it for a while, and now that you've clearly spelled out that it's not such a great idea, I don't think I'll make that call.

Well, I think in the meantime, to appease my cocreator, I'll look for other avenues to pitch it.

Plus, I've found a few articles on pitching, and many say it's most effective in person [with written coming in second]. Phone rarely works.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #4
Levenger

Default Re: Pitching Series Over Phone Tips?

Yeah, but to get that opportunity you're going to have to have good material they can read and pitch it through contests or queries or know someone who can pass it on.

If somebody called my personal cell to pitch me a script, someone I hadn't given my number to, I'd be pissed at them and whomever passed my number on.
Levenger is offline   Reply With Quote