Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited -- Again)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited -- Again)

Sounds like a great idea. And congrats on your recent successes!

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicBent View Post
      Sounds like a great idea. And congrats on your recent successes!
      Thanks, Ro.
      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Well, a bit over two week to go. I hope everyone has their outline ready. And if you don't play with outlines, that you have an idea what you will write.

Too bad we don't have a ticking down clock on DD. That would be cool.
        Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

I'm going to give it a shot, but I may have to start/end a bit earlier. Deadlines motivate me, and this is a pretty good one, so consider me involved!

Comment

I'm in too!!!

Comment

I'm still playing with my outline, but I'm ready as I'll ever be.

And since you've done this twice now, when does it become "cmmora's ScriptFever Writing Exercise"?

Karen

Comment

Originally posted by nobodysperfect View Post
                I'm in too!!!
                Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenShoe View Post
                  I'm still playing with my outline, but I'm ready as I'll ever be.

And since you've done this twice now, when does it become "cmmora's ScriptFever Writing Exercise"?

Karen
                  Great. I am a big outline believer (no fights please...). Good luck.

No, it will always be Doubler's. He's the inspiration...

Comment

Okay, with a few weeks before we start, here are the victims who have agreed to this special Circle of Hell (or heaven...).

I am including my logline, but this is not a requirement. It's still a little clunky, but it just my working version. I usually don't come up with the final one until I finish the script. I actually am debating with myself about two different scripts to pursue. One I have a full outline for... and the other I just have a logline (below). If I do the one below, I have to get cracking to finish the outline. I get completely lost without at least a roadmap...

cmmora -- "DARK SECRETS (Working title -- damn it, title already on IMDb). While hiding and uncovering dark secrets at a slumber party, 5 teenage girls battle an unseen killer whose hell bent on silencing them -- FOREVER.

Zenplato

-jam- -- "Untitled". The forgotten son of a dead small-time hood must protect the son of his father's last wife from his father's enemies and from the family cousins.

Mr. Earth -- "Vernon's Revenge". With the help of a time machine and his best friend, a geeky adolescent boy travels back to before he was conceived to torment his absentee father.

KarenShoe -- "Snowbirds". A snowbirding couple meet a string of crazy couples and rediscover the true meaning of home.

Architeuthis Dux -- "PIPPI AND THE COLOSSAL ABOMINATION". A plucky reporter teams up with a vengeance-crazed Australian to battle a huge, multi-dimensional monster and the killer cult that invokes the beast for its own unholy purposes.

lacomedienne

nobodysperfect
                    Last edited by cmmora; 07-31-2013, 07:28 AM. Reason: Added a Logline

Comment

Hey there.

Here's what I think I'm going to write:

The forgotten son of a dead small-time hood must protect the son of his father's last wife from his father's enemies and from the family cousins.

Kinda of a sorry logline but the best I can do for now.

Comment

Only a few more days to go!

And I just decided to change premises! My friends in another group convinced me to try this one:

Snowbirds - A snowbirding couple meet a string of crazy couples and rediscover the true meaning of home.

This is just a working title and logline so any improvements are appreciated. I've got my outline worked out, although it's pretty sketchy.

This is going to be fun! See you Thursday.

Karen

Comment

So I think I'm going with this one:

PIPPI AND THE COLOSSAL ABOMINATION

A plucky reporter teams up with a vengeance-crazed Australian to battle a huge, multi-dimensional monster and the killer cult that invokes the beast for its own unholy purposes.

Comment

Awesome guys. We start at 12:01 PST on Thursdays.

I have been so busy with the day job, and working on my other feature film, which we just released our first trailer for, that I have not gotten to do the outline for the script I wanted. So I am going to change the script I am going to write to the one I already have an outline for. I will update my logline when I have actually written it. Funny, I have a logline for the vague script idea I have (the one above) but I don't have a logline or title for the one I have fully outlined.

Comment

The title and logline are still a work in progress (and I'll take suggestions), but the name I'm saving this project under is:

(Comedy)

Vernon's Revenge

With the help of a time machine and his best friend, a geeky adolescent boy travels back to before he was conceived to torment his absentee father.
                              On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

GO!

And for the time being, I'm calling this one:

"It's About to Get Wicked"

More to come...
                                The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Comment

Working...
                                X