Valentine's Day Scribblers, roll in please!!!!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day Scribblers, roll in please!!!!

Valentine's Day! Love it or hate it, it comes around every year.

Anyone interested in a quickie contest? Shout out here. If we can gather at least 5 entrants then it's ON.

Deadline would be midnight on the 14th. Usual guidelines, 8 pages max, can be shorter if you like.

Use the theme any way you like.

Re: V.D. contest, anyone?

Oh -- not a venereal disease contest. I was interested in competing in that one.
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
    Dave Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Centurio View Post
      Oh -- not a venereal disease contest. I was interested in competing in that one.
      That's exactly what I came here for!! Damn you Mr. dpaterso!

Anyway, guess if its valentines day that could lead to sex, and lead to V.D. so I guess I can deal with it.

I'm in!
      "We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
      SUBTITLED
      Episode 1 (Beef pills)
      Episode 2 (African commercial)
      Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)

Comment

Only 7 days remaining till Valentine's Day. The list is lookin' kinda short.

Comment

If I can find time to finish a script for this contest, where do I sign-up? (That 'sign up here!' hyperlink just goes to this thread.) And what should I do with a completed script? Do you want a hyperlink to a PDF script, or do we post the script text on this thread using the 'code' tag?
          Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
          "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Things hadn't got to the point where I'd posted that info yet, this is just the "Is anyone interested? Sign up here!" thread.

Following the same format as previous contests, I would ask participants to export a PDF and email this to dpaterson57 at gmail.com

PDF is a lowest common denominator, all screenwriting apps can export it easily, and I can extract text from the PDFs to post here.

Just for giggles and in case anyone's interested and thinking about writing something, here are links to previous V'Day contests:
            2015 - 5 entries | results
            2014 - 10 entries | results
            2013 - 11 entries | results
            2012 - flopped due to lack of entries
            2011 - 5 entries | results

Comment

I'm struggling on time.... so would vote if it ran but don't think I am going to be able to get an entry in. There doesn't seem to be much of a turn out.
              Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by The Road Warrior View Post
                There doesn't seem to be much of a turn out.
                By God, Holmes! You could be right!

Comment

Re: Valentine's Day Scribblers, role in please!!!

Where's everybody gooooon then?

Seems suspiciously quiet around here....................... maybe they are hiding out in them rocks up yonder?

Ambush ahead huh?

Okay, so we're at the.................... 11th February 2016 already............... so if you ran it, "we" ran it even, then we may have to tinker with dates.

Let's bang some drums and shout really loud, maybe folks who are hiding will then appear, or come down out of them hills.

Writing opportunity, a screenplay of no more than eight pages, some romantic interest but really it can be written as fluffy, dark, or obliquely-related to Valentine's Day.

Now, if we made it a start date of 14th, and ran it for a week after or so, it could be a post-Valentine's inspired contest, on a romantic or related idea/theme.

It's just a bit of fun here folks, so let's not get hung up on dates too much, and let's see who rolls in, and we can, if we have a quorum, a few "hellos" and "I'm ins" over the next few days and then....................................... we can definitely run a COMPETITION y'all.

We could open it up to TWO entries, if need be if there are entrants around with the time to up the count but let's not go getting too desperate or sit on the sidewalk with our styrofoam change cup in hand just yet!

Last edited by The Road Warrior; 02-11-2016, 08:32 AM.
                  Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Re: Valentine's Day Scribblers, roll in please!!!!

We'll continue our discussion in the new "Dark Valentine's" contest thread, which sits just above this one here in Writing Exercises.

Comment

Working...
                    X