Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja Assassin

As expected, Ninja Assassin was a terrible movie. But minus the dreadfully slow first act, it was also a lot of fun to watch. What can I say, I'm a big fan of excessive gratuitous violence. Spraying blood and flying severed limps are just meant for the big screen. Anyone else see it?

Re: Ninja Assassin

I will be seeing it on DVD.
    "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
    ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

i will be seeing it in hell...over and over again as I'm sodomized by David Hasselhoff wearing a steel wool glove.
      If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by mtoomey View Post
        i will be seeing it in hell...over and over again as I'm sodomized by David Hasselhoff wearing a steel wool glove.
        Hahahahaha! Toomey, you're on fire lately, mate. Keep it rollin'...
        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by mtoomey View Post
          ... as I'm sodomized by David Hasselhoff wearing a steel wool glove.
          That sounds like real fun, man...

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
            As expected, Ninja Assassin was a terrible movie. But minus the dreadfully slow first act, it was also a lot of fun to watch. What can I say, I'm a big fan of excessive gratuitous violence. Spraying blood and flying severed limps are just meant for the big screen. Anyone else see it?
            I caught it today since a friend of mine was visiting and suggested it. I love violence as much as the next guy but not when it's the same style over and over again. I got tired quickly of seeing the sword, kusarigama, and shuriken kills. I wish they mixed it up using different weapons or more hand to hand or even threw in some of the parkour stuff that's all the rage in other action movies.

But my friend (and you) had fun, and that's all that really matters for a popcorn flick.

Comment

Originally posted by jyangwrites View Post

But my friend (and you) had fun, and that's all that really matters for a popcorn flick.
              It's difficult to enjoy popcorn while David Hasselhoff has his hand up my a$$. Kettle corn, possibly. But not movie theater grade popcorn.
              MT
              If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

Terrible crap. Wins the Redundant Title of the Year award though.

Comment

i saw it. thought it was a decent popcorn flick. i knew what to expect and didnt go in with high expectations due to all the not so great word of mouth. every single minute of this was cliche. you could literally guess what was going to happen scene after scene. just wanted to see some action and it had some cool fighting scenes...i've never seen so much digital blood in my life in a studio picture. that made it a little lame.
                  One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Was I the only one surprised by how relatively little action this thing had? Large sections of the movie were pretty damn slow.

I was expecting wall-to-wall action without even the pretense of having a story. Something more like Shoot 'Em Up. Just wholly and unapologetically a series of action set pieces.

Comment

Did anyone else feel this had a better horror atmosphere than about 95% of Hollywood horrors released in the last few years? I don't know if it was intentional, but I saw the Ninja's as a force comparible to Predator and/or Aliens. You could easily cut the trailer to make a survival horror

Don't get me wrong, the film was trash, but it had some atmosphere which Hollywood has been missing for years (watch foreign horrors for atmosphere).

I'd like to see McTeigue have a shot at a horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
                        i saw it. thought it was a decent popcorn flick. i knew what to expect and didnt go in with high expectations due to all the not so great word of mouth. every single minute of this was cliche. you could literally guess what was going to happen scene after scene. just wanted to see some action and it had some cool fighting scenes...i've never seen so much digital blood in my life in a studio picture. that made it a little lame.
                        if its anything like the amount of crappy digital blood in Blood: the last vampire, i really dont want to watch it anymore.

Comment

Oh, DUDE, don't get me started on Blood.
                          Actually, the CGI "gore" in that film was forgivable as it made the creatures seems somehow more, well, demonic, but the CGI blood in Fatal Move (since we're now discussing Asian films too), was BS.
                          Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwai Lo View Post
                            Terrible crap. Wins the Redundant Title of the Year award though.
                            I know you made this post like five years ago, but the title isn't actually redundant.

It isn't ninja assassin as in "a ninja who is an assassin."

It's ninja assassin as in "an assassin who kills ninjas."

Comment

I think some people are expecting too much from a ninja movie. IT'S A NINJA MOVIE. It's not a historical drama with social commentary. Ninja Assassin is what it's supposed to be. No more. No less.
                              Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

Working...
                              X