Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies with speed dating scenes?

Can you name me some? Google isn't helpful since it seems there was a movie a couple years ago actually called Speed Dating.
    "You have idea 1, you're excited. It flops. You have idea 99, you're excited. It flops.
    Only a fool is excited by the 100th idea. Fools keep trying. God rewards fools." --Martin Hellman, paraphrased

Re: Movies with speed dating scenes?

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN.

HH

Comment

Originally posted by WaitForIt View Post
      Can you name me some? Google isn't helpful since it seems there was a movie a couple years ago actually called Speed Dating.
      40-Year-Old Virgin is one.

Apart from that I don't know - Rom Coms aren't my preferred fare, and I'm assuming they're more prevalent in them.

Comment

Ooooh... beaten to the punch.

Comment

Aha, I remembered bits of the 40YOV scene but not enough to recall the movie it was from (it's been quite a while and I saw it only once).

The only other I can recall right now is Hitch. ...I think it's Hitch.
          "You have idea 1, you're excited. It flops. You have idea 99, you're excited. It flops.
          Only a fool is excited by the 100th idea. Fools keep trying. God rewards fools." --Martin Hellman, paraphrased

Comment

You'd probably be able to find TV shows that have it. Lost Girl season one has an ep with a good speed dating scene.
            Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel has a dating scene with the character, Norman.
              Great movie.

Comment

I'd be willing to sell you the video of my speed dating experience except it would cause you to weep uncontrollably...with laughter or pity, not sure which. No one wanted a second encounter with me. That included the lady who was high, and the one who looked like the Elephant Man 'cept uglier.

On the plus side, I've got my health. And my meds.

HH

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
                  and the one who looked like the Elephant Man 'cept uglier.
                  Imagine if, as with space, beauty were curvilinear. She'd be rounding the bend to smokin' hot.

Comment

Turbo Dates is a web series centered around speed dating.

Comment

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
                      Turbo Dates is a web series centered around speed dating.
                      Gosh, thanks -- I just watched several episodes in a row. Perfect little things.

Comment

Working...
                      X