Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2004, 05:59 PM   #1
Grrr8 Tiger

Default Robert Kosberg

Has anyone dealt with Robert Kosberg before? Has he ever ripped anyone off? Does he pitch to production companies or directly to the studios? Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:12 PM   #2
SebsWrtrDad

Default Another thread --

covered this a few weeks ago. BUT - Have not worked with him, though I have seen him speak. Worked with a friend - went nowhere. He pitches to everyone -- prodcos and studios. Has had a lot of stuff bought - but I don't know how many thigns made. Not someone who will sell you or your script, so much as your idea....

But not a shady, ripping off sorta guy from what I hear.....
Old 04-29-2004, 06:06 PM   #3
SebsWrtrDad

Default Article

There is a pretty good article on him in the new issue of Creative Screenwriting.

0]
Old 05-01-2004, 12:45 PM   #4
Grrr8 Tiger

Default Article

Thanks for the feedback and the tip on the article, but I just checked the Creative Screenwriting website and it didn't list anything about him in there. Is it under a different article, perhaps?
Old 05-02-2004, 05:40 PM   #5
Paula413

I haven't heard anything about him, recently, but he has a long history of good things. I heard him pitch a few years back and he is excellent at it. The story he is telling leaps out at you. He had a website (moviepitch.com I think ) I bought the cd a few years back but haven't used it lately. He's made millions and maybe has retired. My guess.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:36 PM   #6
elephant1978

The thing is...from what I've learned he really isn't going to help your career. Just earn you a few bucks. He basically buys a simple idea off you and then develops it himself or with a known writer to the point of pitching. He pitches, gets the deal, and for obvious reasons hires a known writer to pen the project. I don't think you even get story credit. So once the money's spent, you really have nothing to show for it. It's nothing to put on your resume.

Ele...
Old 05-03-2004, 11:54 AM   #7
SebsWrtrDad

Default CS Article

It's the latest issue -- Volume 11 #3, May/June issue -- has a big picture from The Day After Tomorrow - the frozen Statue of Liberty -- on the cover....

Dunno if it's on the website -- in the mag it's on page 16 under 'People' - the title is How to Succeed at Screenwriting (without writing a word).

According to the article, there have been occasions where projects he has pitched have allowed a first-timer to write their own script.

But like Ele said, he's more of an idea salesman......
Old 05-04-2004, 11:58 AM   #8
rapscholar

Default Re: CS Article

Rob Schneider will star in and produce Fearless, an SF comedy based on an original pitch by Travis Mann and Bob Kosberg, for Revolution Studios, Variety reported. Fearless is the story of a meek soldier who is transformed into a fearless fighting machine when he becomes the subject of a top-secret experiment, the trade paper reported.

Josh Lieb (The Simpsons) is writing the script. Schneider, his brother and producing partner, John Schneider, and Michael Chinich will produce through their From Out of Nowhere production company, the trade paper reported. Mann also will produce, while Kosberg will executive produce.

-from scifi.com
Old 05-04-2004, 11:59 AM   #9
Scriptman

Title: Fearless
Log line: A timid soldier is transformed into a fearless fighting machine when he becomes the subject of a top-secret experiment.

Writer: Josh Lieb
Agent: Ariel Emanuel of Endeavor Agency
Buyer: Revolution Studios
Price: n/a
Genre: Comedy
Logged: 5/4/04

More: Based on a pitch by Travis Mann and Robert Kosberg. Travis Mann and From Out of Nowhere Productions' Rob Schneider, John Schneider and Michael Chinich will produce. Robert Kosberg will executive produce. Rob Schneider will star.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:17 PM   #10
SebsWrtrDad

Default Ummmm.

So is Marvel Comics suing for infringement on their 'Captain America' copyright?
:rolleyes

ust goes to show you -- some ideas are all in the casting -- that could have been a pitch for a serious movie.....