Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2004, 04:22 PM   #1
DUCPHO

Default RE: ON THE LEASH PRODUCTIONS!

I recently got an e-mail from Scriptmarket, an online script posting site, that sends out notices of Production firms seeking scripts whenever advertised on their site. Similar to Ink Tip but costs nothing!

So here's this ad from "On The Leash Productions" stating they are looking for submissions and there is a link in the e-mail notice from Scriptmarket to their own web site.

Upon arriving I find that "On The Leash" is really pushing their own screenplay contest with a $30.00 submission fee and the winner gets a $500.00 option with "On The Leash"!

I get so disgusted with this ever increasing scam!

If a so called Production firm advertises for "submissions" then don't sucker punch us with a contest! >D
Old 10-26-2004, 11:36 AM   #2
Carlton Redford

Good post Duc Pho. These kind of warnings are helpful to everyone (except the scammers).

Certain so-called "managers" and even some formerly commendable management companies are doing this as well. Read this recent post by a member for example:

=============================
Author Comment
nrsncmc
User
(9/3/04 12:17 am)
Reply Niad's a "payfer"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's see....how can we get writers to pay us to read their screenplays without actually getting a reputation as a "pay for a read" agency? I know! Let's have a contest!!

Here's the response I got from Niad from a query letter I sent them:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because we are currently holding the second annual Become a Hollywood Screenwriter contest, we are only accepting submissions through that contest. Please visit www.becomeahollywoodscreenwriter.com for more
information. We hope to read you there!