Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
cjwhitehead
New User

Default Bob Kosberg

Hey have anyone dealt with him before? He's interested in one of my ideas and would like to take it for a round of pitches to several major studios.

He seems real professional and his credits definitely hold up. I feel this is too good to be true, so if anyone has some info on him (bad or good) please share.

Thanks,

CJ
cjwhitehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
pwrmyth
Regular

Default Re: Bob Kosberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwhitehead View Post
Hey have anyone dealt with him before? He's interested in one of my ideas and would like to take it for a round of pitches to several major studios.

He seems real professional and his credits definitely hold up. I feel this is too good to be true, so if anyone has some info on him (bad or good) please share.

Thanks,

CJ
Wow. Bob certainly seems like the real deal. I met him at the Screenwriting Expo and pitched him like mad afterwards, but he never batted an eyelash.

You must be sexier.

That said, I think you'll fare better if you have a body of work behind you. Mr. Kosberg can certainly get you in the door... and he oft claims to work with a scribe to take the material to a higher level.

But if you want a career, that is when you'll want to launch. Are you ready for the Show?

He has sold projects -- but what have the writers done from there?

pwrmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
seh

Before I decided to write my own scripts, I emailed him some ideas, he called me up on two of them, said he'd throw them around town and see what happens. I was just looking for story credit or something.

Nothing happened, through no fault of his, of course. Seems like a very nice guy.
seh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
cjwhitehead
New User

Personally, I'm using this as a way to gain entrance to the industry. If and I say "if" by chance someone goes for my idea and buys it, that will allow me to hopefully pitch my full feature screenplays... My goal is to capitalize as much as possible "if" my idea reaches a "sold" status. And I am not talking about capitalizes in terms of money either.

CJ
cjwhitehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
WriteByNight

He's an entertaining SOB whom I met at CS Expo '05. Sent him some ideas I thought were sliced bread before people knew what bread was. Nothing. Not givin up though.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #6
writerman

He's reading one of my loaves now.