Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
chuco
Regular

Default Who to send a script to?

I'm very new to all this so this may sound like a stupid question but, if I wrote something along the lines of "There's something about Mary"... Should that script go out to 20th Century fox who produced it or would you try to send it to directors such as the Farrelly brothers?
chuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
joe9alt

Default Re: Who to send a script to?

Managers and agents.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
dangerouscreenwriter
User

Default Re: Who to send a script to?

There are thousands of scripts being submitted every day, so it's extremely hard to get anyone of stature to read anything, ESPECIALLY by a new writer.
Have SOMEONE in the business read it before you try to contact any industry professional (friends and family don't count). If your work isn't COMPLETELY up to snuff you'll just be banging your head against a brick wall.

In order to beat the numbers you have to stand out among the pack as someone who REALLY knows what they're doing. If you're new to all this, may I recommend going to http://www.wordplayer.com/columns/welcome.html
You'll get a good idea of what to expect and what will be expected of you in this field.

Good luck!