Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
dvigilante1
New User

Default We'll call you back - day 3

I sent (3 months ago) my spec script to a production company and was told they are in the processing of reviewing it. I've called three times after I rec'd a call from the production company that the script was delivered. My last call the person said they were on the line and they will call me back. It has been 3 days. I figured I got 2 more calls before I'm on the quit calling list. Does that sound about right? The somewhat good news is I was able to send my script to exec of dev for a A lister's production company. So the buck stops at him. I wrote this script for this particular actor. IMHO Its a great fit for the actor. The story/concept is similar to a recently released theatrical film. It's not like i'm going to shop the script around. It is where it is supposed to be. What would you do?
dvigilante1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
RGF

Location: Kicking around on a piece of ground in my home town.
Default Re: We'll call you back - day 3

No response means no. And I wouldn't keep calling them on it. It just becomes annoying and they won't want to work with you. If you've tried an email or two. Tried a phone call or two, that's enough. Three months is generally enough time for them to have read it.

As for not shopping it around elsewhere....well, that's just foolish. You're going to hear dozens of no's before you hear one yes. Actually, you won't hear all the no's. You'll just hear silence...which means no. Just like you've got right now. So, start shopping it.
RGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
dvigilante1
New User

Yeah I've heard that is typically how this process works. I'm still going to go the pleasantly persistent route. I have other script ideas that are the shop around type. My current script is actor specific from the dialogue, to character interactions etc. I haven't exhausted all my options yet. I may try contacting the actor directly. Also since it is a buddy comedy, I can try and contact the other lead actor. They've worked together in the past. Maybe if one liked it he would tell his friend about my script. here's wishful thinking. I'll let you know how it goes in about 2-3 months.
dvigilante1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
jcgary

Send it to other actors. Never be married to a casting decision. Never wait around. You might've written it for one person, but there are a dozen other actors who would be great in the part. Don't let them dictate what goes on with your material. If the script is good and if they like it, they'll get back to you. If it's not their type of thing, then their silence will tell you all you need to know.

Persistence is great up to a point.

jcgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
Sherbet
User

Who's the actor?
Sherbet is offline   Reply With Quote