Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #11
yammo
User

Default Re: How Long After Submitting?

It's taken me as long a month to hear back from some production companies. It really just depends. Yes's tend to come fast and NO's even faster.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #12
zim
User

If someone is interested...they will reply. Very simple. And if they like it, they'll reply quickly. I've had a producer read something in the evening and call me immediately following. Granted, the script sat in a sludge pile for a month from my cold letter query, but he read it--then called.

I think most people say to allow 4 weeks for a read, then make contact. That's up to you though. Personally, I think I just sent out my last "reminder" email but that's just me. It's not worth worrying over for sure, so just continue to write and continue to target potential readers.

Consider yourself lucky if you receive any contact whatsoever. Hopefully you'll create a fan, someone who will be receptive to future scripts. And remember to only send out your best possible draft.

zim-
zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #13
Ecrivette
User

I figured that there was a process and I guess I would rather have time then a quick "no thanks."

Still, I have never been a patient person. When I was a kid, I would unwrap and rewrap my presents because I just couldn't wait. Yea, that bad. I wish I could say it was something I outgrew.
Ecrivette is offline   Reply With Quote