Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
one seven spectrum

Default Can anyone help with contact details for any of the below?

Hi DD-er's,

I'd love it if someone could PM me with the contacts for any of the below:

Andrew Promey - Bobker/Kruger Films
Nick Miller - Rabbit Hole Pictures
Spencer Medof - Room 101
Fran T. - GEM Entertainment Group

In the meantime I'll try and find their details online but if you know of any, please PM me. Even if it's just with details for one of the above.

Much appreciated in advance. Happy writing,

Evan.

Last edited by one seven spectrum : 01-02-2011 at 02:19 PM.
one seven spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
one seven spectrum

Default Re: Can anyone help with contact details for any of the below?

Bump. Anyone have email for the above contact's? Cheers.
one seven spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
catcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by one seven spectrum View Post
Andrew Promey - Bobker/Kruger Films
Nick Miller - Rabbit Hole Pictures
Spencer Medof - Room 101
Alex Block - Weed Road Pictures
Fran T. - GEM Entertainment Group
Brandon Klaus - The Radmin Company
Every one of these is on VirtualPitchFest. Where you got them, right?

So spend the $90 for 10 pitches and pitch away with your best content. I don't know if they read the queries in any greater depth than via direct email, but at least they (or maybe their assistants) are contracted to respond. And they do respond, within the 5 business days.

Three of these were among those I queried VPF, and they got back with passes. So their system does work, even if it yields the same smelly results.

Oh, okay, I do know the one big drawback. Like you, I'd prefer the actual email address so you can follow-up with more pitches, instead of spending another $10. No argument there.

I discovered VPF with 9 scripts under my belt so it's cost prohibitive for me to play the game constantly. But for those trying to break in, with one or two GREAT scripts and pitches in-hand, it's probably worth the $10.

PS. Be forewarned. I know of two companies that will not take queries directly but, on their website, say they will via VPF. So, in some cases, it'll be the only game in town even if you do find an email address.
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
Lucha Scribre
Regular

Wish I could help as most have read my script, but it was through a rep
Old 01-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
catcon

I should have added that I got to VPF via an email I did find, after lots of digging. The fellow (mid-sized but prominent producer) said I had to go through VPF. I got the sense he read my query, but I did what he said anyway. So, he was one of the 10 I sent that day.

Yes, he did request the script. Yes, he got back to me 4 days later with a pass. However, it was certainly worth the $9 ($90/10), of which he supposedly gets $2 from VPF. That's because in follow-up, back through regular email, I carried on an exchange re: the issues in my script (which weren't significant, happy to say). I tend to avoid abusing my readers in this way, once I get a pass, but this fellow was very prompt and helpful, way beyond "it wasn't for us".

Yes, I do now have his email address, but I'll not abuse it with direct queries because I feel I've actually established a relationship. I will, however, try him again with a different genre were I to try VPF again (when I have the discretionary funds to do so).

One last thing about VPF: Their "genres interested in" aren't necessarily accurate or the complete story!

Like any on-line database, the content has to be maintained by the busy executives, and they rarely have the time to do that. One of the executive names on the company list was redundant, but VPF staff were tending to it (trying to find a substitute with the company).

So VPF seems pretty good about these things.

But my point about genre does suggest that when you make that perfect "teen comedy" pitch to a company because the VPF listing says they're looking for one, well, maybe it's not so.
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote