Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Classes, Contests, Conferences, Festivals, Groups, Panels & Seminars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
DaltWisney
Regular

Default Austin 2019

Has anyone else entered? Have you heard anything back yet? I know notifications should be trickling out soon.

I entered a TV pilot, but haven't heard anything back either way. I'll be a little disappointed if I don't make the second round because top 20% seems very doable, but I'm not assuming anything.
DaltWisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:44 PM   #2
JoeBanks

Default Re: Austin 2019

semifinalist calls are in process of being made at the moment. i believe many if not all second rounders have received their ding email/letters
JoeBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #3
bmcthomas

It’s odd... last year I got my second round notification in 9/13. I’ve seen three people online saying they got second round notifications - one letter, one phone call. I went all out this year and entered five scripts in four categories and haven’t heard about any of them. I assume that means none advanced - they do the “sorry but you suck” notifications last.
bmcthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:46 AM   #4
Hernan Giaggio
User

I've gotten a Second Rounder notification via phone and snail. No word on the other two things I entered.

But I will say that I got my Semifinalist email on the same day as the general announcement last year. Didn't even get a call. So who knows.
Hernan Giaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #5
BKDodger
User

No word on a drama feature. Did anyone else opt in for the Humanitas category?
BKDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #6
TVWriterCB17
New User

Things are running a little differently this year because there is a new contest director. A friend who is a reader for AFF said that the second round reading deadline is apparently tomorrow, so they are still reading for several categories. We'll all likely hear by the end of the week.
TVWriterCB17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #7
lbs101
User

Well, it's officially Mid September and no word. Playing the "Waiting Game" sucks.

https://comb.io/UgXRVC
lbs101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #8
Mitchell McLean
User

I got an email on Sept. 11 with the subject, "Exciting Screenwriting Panels, Podcasts, and Austin Film Festival News!"

About a third of the way into the body of the message, there is a section under the heading, "SCRIPT COMPETITION NOTIFICATIONS ROLLING OUT!"

"After receiving 11,907 scripts entered in our Screenplay, Digital Series, Playwriting, and Fiction Podcast Competitions, we are eager to share with you this year’s group of Second Rounders and Semifinalists. We have already begun sending notification letters via postal mail and e-mail and they will continue to be sent out through the next 1-2 weeks.

Semifinalists will receive a personal phone call from Steven DeBose, Director of Script Competitions. The full list of Second Rounders and Semifinalists will also be available on our website in the near future. Please allow some time to receive your letter and e-mail before inquiring about the status of your script."
Mitchell McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:09 PM   #9
DDoc
User

I got one that said I won the grand prize. Yee haw. Good effort guys.
DDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #10
DDoc
User

Not really though. I just got an email saying I made the 2nd round but didn't make the semifinals. Better than nothing.
DDoc is offline   Reply With Quote