Hot Tubs And Time Machines (voting deadline: Fri 23)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Tubs And Time Machines (voting deadline: Fri 23)

HOT TUBS & TIME MACHINES

THE COOLEST SHORT SCREENWRITING EXERCISE IN THE WHOLE
    DARN UNIVERSE

We require:

8 pages of script only.

Written on a "time displacement theme" of your choosing.

You may travel forwards, backwards or even sideways... in time.

Imagination is the only restriction in here folks!

Please ask any questions you may have below.

Total newbies and all other contenders are of course more than welcome.

Dates and deadlines and where to send your entry to follow below, keep watching the header.

However the.... brain-dead.... barn-storming... brain-ravaging... action begins right here and right now!

2 Entries maximum. 1 entry is fine however.

DATES & DEADLINES
    [DEADLINE, 15th September, Midnight, your time zone.
    Entries to be sent to Dpaterson57 at gmail.com in PDF or if you have any problems with that, ask.... ]

For posterity, the entries thread is here.
    Last edited by dpaterso; 09-20-2016, 01:20 AM. Reason: links
    Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Re: Hot Tubs And Time Machines

Over to you for general chat and any clarification of the "little things"...

........................................... ...........................................

Last edited by The Road Warrior; 09-03-2016, 03:53 AM.
    Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

I gather by the complete absence of any feedback or discussion that this exercise has not attracted any interest.

I've edited this post slightly to avoid any confusion, if a new poster reads this please see below, the competition is still on. Please ignore this post and read on...

Last edited by The Road Warrior; 09-06-2016, 12:10 AM. Reason: amended so as to avoid any confusion.

Comment

Count me in.

Sorry, I haven't been around here - I was caught up in furious writing, and didn't realise you wanted declaration of participation.

My entry is almost finished. A dozen more dialogue passes and I'm done.

So when is judgement day?
        Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
        "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

So the theme is "time travel", right?
          Not necessary hot tubs, right?
          Check out my website with my productions: http://www.picturesplusproductions.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Road Warrior View Post
            I gather by the complete absence of any feedback or discussion that this exercise has not attracted any interest.
            Sorry, I just liked the idea so much that I've already taken off an ran with it. One story is already outlined and ready to go -- I was planning on writing three or four and picking the one I thought was the best of the bunch.
            STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by 14001 View Post
              That was my impression. If I'm wrong ... so much for the first outline.
              STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Yup I think I have one suitable for a short
                I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I'm Spartacus!

If this is happening, how about midnight on the 15th as a deadline?

Usual criteria, 8 pages max (can be shorter), send a PDF to dpaterson57 at gmail.com

If you have other ideas or preferences, shout 'em out.

Otherwise, start writing?

Comment

Ahh, that's good.

It's hard to tell sometimes from this side of the screen what's what, I should have known better huh?

15th seems fine to me Dpat, you okay with the post-em-up job?

I've got an idea, but haven't started to write yet, just want to see if any other idea takes its place.

Always best to post something up about participating, it's the nature of the medium and all that, you know what you are thinking and doing, I know what I'm thinking and doing [some of the time at least...) but neither of us knows what the others are doing and thinking.
                    Last edited by The Road Warrior; 09-06-2016, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 14001 View Post

Yep, just time travel in some form but that is quite a wide remit.

"Hot Tubs" is just part of the inspiration and comedy of the competition title.

Film clip from Hot Tub Time Machine.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TXNEE6SaoI

And the entire film seems to be on YT for some reason.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImyJ44mN_Jo

A very "misty" or misted edition.

Last edited by The Road Warrior; 09-06-2016, 03:26 AM. Reason: bolding.

Comment

Originally posted by Centos View Post
                        That was my impression. If I'm wrong ... so much for the first outline.
                        Keep that outline Mr Centos, you are definitely on the right track.

Any for any?.... WE WANT MORE ENTRANTS... if you are even thinking of entering, if you just thought "hmm, I might enter that competition?" for even a second, sorry that means that you are in.

We want entrants, we want READERS, we want it alllll!!!! Okay, let's not get carried away.... all and any other participation and support really..... counts as being part of the competition. Even sitting and clapping gets you in but why not write an entry, it's only 8 pages, it's fun, and you get to work to a deadline.

I almost wrote, you get to work to a dead "linen" then. Typing fast.
                        Last edited by The Road Warrior; 09-06-2016, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Like the concept, but sadly I'm out for this one.

Already working to a tight deadline for a feature (100 pages in 15 days, no pressure).

Good luck to everyone entering, I'll be sure to read them when time permits.

Comment

Originally posted by WriterNZ View Post
                            Like the concept, but sadly I'm out for this one.

Already working to a tight deadline for a feature (100 pages in 15 days, no pressure).

Good luck to everyone entering, I'll be sure to read them when time permits.
                            Thanks for the heads-up WriterNZ.

This is what we need, to know at least that you are around and interested, out there, even if it is in the dark and murk which exists at the very edges of the any web board where people sit and stare in... while others yet, enter the light and speak, from time to time, even if you are temporarily indisposed such as with WriterNZ are you out there? Say something, speak, speak!

BTW:
                            We really could do with a few more people on the side lines to make a noise, cheerleaders even, does anybody know any cheerleaders?
                            We need a few cheerleaders, waving those.... what the heck are those things called anyway, those darn fluffy hand things?

Comment

'

Three more entrants PLEASE within the next 3 days.....

Comment

Working...
                              X