No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Avengers 3D

"I can control it, except for when I can't control it!"
    That's the same excuse I use when... umm, nevermind.

Hey, MIBIII is out.
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post

But seriously, it's hilarious watching people try to justify the lazy writing in this movie.

And luckily for the director, he learns to control it just in time for the bit set-piece at the end.

This is a movie for teenage boys, not Casablanca. Just run with it.
      So exactly the same as Ed Norton's Hulk in Incredible Hulk then?

Comment

Originally posted by zz9 View Post
        So exactly the same as Ed Norton's Hulk in Incredible Hulk then?
        Zak Penn did write them both.

Comment

• Re: The Avengers 3d

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
          All Time Worldwide - #11 over DARK KNIGHT.

- Bill
          Currently at # 4.

I just saw this in 2d and enjoyed it. I went in expecting a spectacle, and got a spectacular one. I did not expect Ibsen, and was not disappointed when it turned out not to be Ibsen. Not that there weren't holes in the story, but what the heck. Hulk smash. Tony Stark is cool. Loki made an excellent villain, even if his plan didn't make that much sense. Who were those maggot-beings, and why would Loki want to hook up with them? They even seemed to be calling the shots. Maybe what I mean is that Tom Hiddleston is very convincing at being suave, narcissistic, and treacherous.

I'm glad this is beating the overhyped, overpraised Dark Knight and its creepy undercurrent of sadism.

I'm totally getting an Avengers t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by ChadStrohl View Post

...sort of.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/joss-...ers-screenplay

Comment

He didn't get a screenplay credit, only a joint "Story By" credit. AFAIK the screenplay is 100% Whedon and Penn only kept a Story credit because some main elements of his script (Loki being the baddie, the cosmic cube, Coulson dying etc) had to be kept because they had already been dictated by Marvel and many had already been set up in the earlier movies.

Comment

Yeah. I knew Whedon was top dog on the writing and Penn had some influence. I though maybe the Hulk angle might have been his (or based on his).

Comment

Yeah. I knew Whedon was top dog on the writing and Penn had some influence. I though maybe the Hulk angle might have been his (or based on his).
                  When asked about what he sees as his two biggest accomplishments in the film, his answer was "Mewling Quim" and "The Hulk." So I've taken that as an indication that the Hulk is him.

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post

But seriously, it's hilarious watching people try to justify the lazy writing in this movie.

And luckily for the director, he learns to control it just in time for the big set-piece at the end!
                  I'm not sure exactly who you're referring to, and I'm not trying to say the movie is CASABLANCA, but as far as the Hulk goes there are two explanations within the movie itself that work completely fine for me in that regard. They're more than enough for me to buy into the "can control it/can't control it" thing and move on with myself.

1. In the earlier scene on the helicarrier, they're all being affected by Loki's staff, and
                  2. On the helicarrier, Banner says something to the effect of "I don't get what I want every time." Meaning that just because he can control *when* he turns, doesn't mean he can necessarily always control what happens when "the other guy" shows up. But presumably, it's easier to control when he's not being affected by Loki's staff, wasn't just in an explosion and didn't just fall an undisclosed number of floors into the bowels of a flying magical aircraft carrier

Those two things combined work for me. In a movie with giant rage beasts, inter-dimensional travel and robot space worms, that's literally all I need to go with it.

*shrugs*

Comment

Who wouldn't be proud of Mewling Quim?

Comment

Working...
                    X