Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Gauchita --

She's got a movie greenlit. HOUSE OF DUST. It was only a matter of time. Onward and upward.

DBD

Re: Congrats to Gauchita --

So cool ... always loved her writing! Send her my congrats! 'Cause she hasn't stopped in for quite some time.
    Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

That's awesome!! Congrats Gauchita!
      Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

She's more humble than a room of monks, she could be writing the next Bible commisioned by god himself and she'll tell you it's gonna fall through and it's no biggy.

humility wins.

DBD

Comment

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Oh, thanks DBD and everyone. It was just a little assignment a friend threw my way and not our concept or title; we just executed it. Hitchcockian paranormal thriller. But I'm thinking they're getting some nice talent attached, so maybe it'll turn out to be something special. I'm happy with the script. I won't lie to you, though, it's not like the giant films so many others here have going on... but I keep hoping; baby steps.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations !

M.

Comment

Congratulations! And it sounds cool.

- Bill
                    Free Script Tips:
                    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Congrats! It sounds like a cool script.
                      "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Gauchita is one of the nicest people I've ever met. She deserves every bit of this and more.

http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Oh, you guys are so nice. I remember, only last year, I was so full of crap; I'd had a couple of big tent poles shop, took my rounds and went home feeling like "it was happening." LOL! Then, nothing... the next spec that was up in the cue evaporated for a myriad of reasons. I was eating humble pie for sure. This little assignment, I was thinking, uh oh, am I about to ruin everything? Step out of the "cool" world of the LA "idea" and into the realm of small films of which I'd most likely disappear? The lovely part is, out there, you'll find some very talented directors who haven't had an opportunity to find a good story but have alot of talent translating to the screen. They've been passed by too, maybe. And just like alot of us, are hoping to find right match. So, I feel good about this film and I feel good about taking the risk. Maybe in the end, the little film helps me to get a big film and the lesson is-- I've been going about this backwards!!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Dope! It's always nice to see a female writer making it happen on talent and hard work as opposed to griping!

Comment

Working...
                              X