Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2019, 01:56 PM   #11
Done Deal Pro
Administrator

Default Re: Emagine Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment View Post
I was asking what one was, as I've never been asked to submit one along with a script.

ETA: I googled. So now I know. But, yeah. Still seems weird to ask a writer to do this.
I gotcha. And yeah, it's a bit odd. Not the craziest thing ever, but really something more a producer or director would do to "present"/pitch the project to another company and/or financiers.
Done Deal Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:59 AM   #12
ComicBent

I had never heard of a pitch deck, but I do not work in the industry.

I googled and turned up this article from Script Mag. I browsed it and thought that it was helpful. I saved the link for future reference:

https://www.scriptmag.com/resources/...you-create-one

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." ComicBent.
ComicBent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:55 PM   #13
GucciGhostXXX

Yeah... after perusing their website, these people look like a joke.

The 360 deal is the dead give away. Why would you say that in your promo? It's WIDELY fukkin known in the music industry that a 360 deal is the WORST deal you can make.

AND... HOW are you skilled at repping so many different mediums? Models and Writers? WHAT??? This is two wholly different job descriptions.

When I was modeling I was NEVER repped by any agency that repped anything other than models [FORD/LA Models/G3]. Yeah, they sent me on acting go sees/auditions, but none repped writers. Same as CAA doesn't rep models. Not in their wheelhouse.

No way in hell I'd put a pitch deck together for these clowns. No "leave behinds." Don't send a pitch deck. Even though you already made one.

At most, get their free read then move on, no matter what they say...

Good luck!
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 03:00 PM   #14
DDoc
User

I already told them I was going to look elsewhere. I got spooked.
DDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #15
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoc View Post
I already told them I was going to look elsewhere. I got spooked.
Cool! Keep it movin'...
Old 08-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #16
DDoc
User

Will do. Sent out a lot of queries last week. I got a read request from a manager at a place called Entertainment Lab and a request from an agent at one called Eris Talent. Also a request from Zero Gravity and a few maybes. We will see how it goes.

BTW what is a 360 deal?
Old 08-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #17
Done Deal Pro
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoc View Post
BTW what is a 360 deal?
It's a super easy Google search, it's something that's been around a number of years. A music artist basically signs away everything to a record label: their likeness, future albums, touring, merchandise, endorsements, books, movies & TV shows the artist might star in, and more.

Sure, it's nice to have someone take care of a bunch of things for you, and even offer you a bunch of money; but then they then own all of you. Plus, they frequently get a big percent of all you make due to their "investment." It's a multiple rights deal. And they are also going to have a lot of say in what you make/record or sell, your tour schedule, etc.

There's lots out there on the subject.

Last edited by Done Deal Pro : 08-11-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Done Deal Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #18
DDoc
User

I see. That breaks it down well enough. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:17 AM   #19
GucciGhostXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
It's a super easy Google search, it's something that's been around a number of years. A music artist basically signs away everything to a record label: their likeness, future albums, touring, merchandise, endorsements, books, movies & TV shows the artist might star in, and more.

Sure, it's nice to have someone take care of a bunch of things for you, and even offer you a bunch of money; but then they then own all of you. Plus, they frequently get a big percent of all you make due to their "investment." It's a multiple rights deal. And they are also going to have a lot of say in what you make/record or sell, your tour schedule, etc.

There's lots out there on the subject.
Yup. THIS!
Old 08-12-2019, 01:18 PM   #20
finalact4

maybe i'm looking in the wrong place, but when i went to the site it said "360 degree management services," not 360 degree deals. it seems what they're saying is that they manage their clients in all aspects that are needed to develop their individual "brand."

additionally, i'm not certain the "pitch deck and script" applies to writers as the header is listed as "Writers, Producers, & Directors. for example, the reel submission wouldn't necessarily apply to a writer with a spec.

also, from what i can see on IMDBpro they have:
3 in post
1 filming
2 in pre-prod
3 pitches
5 scripts in dev

Atlas Uprising - listed at $133mm budget
Dredgewood TV series (doesn't look like it's picked up?)

idk, i might do a little more research on the team before disregarding them all together.