No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marvel's Daredevil - Teaser Trailer

Originally posted by ctp View Post
    Many people are within driving distance of a desert; few have existing IP and piles of cash.
    If you want to make the blockbuster superhero movie, yes. But the great thing about the genre is that comic books have been around for so long, there's every type of superhero story in there.

Just look at the past year. We got a superhero movie that was a political thriller, a superhero movie that was a space epic, we have TV shows full of camp and color and other TV shows that don't have anyone super-powered.

Or look at the movie Super. No IP. No big special effects. Still a cult favorite that helped James Gunn move into the position of doing tent-pole movies.

It's a fertile playground at all levels.

Comment

Put another way, we got a political thriller that was a superhero movie and a space epic that was a superhero movie.

I haven't seen Super, so I'll refrain from commenting on it.

Comment

Great. I'm trying to wean myself from TV and this looks interesting. Just when I think I'm out they...ouch. Hey! I can use crappy lines from crappy movies to...OW! Stop hitting me! I'm just--

<out cold>

Comment

Great cast, great creative team, and a great story arc from which they're taking most of the story...really looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Weems View Post
            Great. I'm trying to wean myself from TV and this looks interesting. Just when I think I'm out they...ouch. Hey! I can use crappy lines from crappy movies to...OW! Stop hitting me! I'm just--

<out cold>
            It's not TV, it's NETFLIX!

"I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Trailer looks pretty good. Glad to see NetFlix continuing to produce new content. I don't think Marco Polo worked out quite as they hoped, but this looks pretty good, and I think a superhero show not available anywhere else could lure in new fans.

Frankly, I think superhero stuff works better as a TV show than as a movie. Everything seems far too predictable in the movies, and while there's some cool special effects, there's a sense, that invariably the hero will save the day and everything will be alright which erodes some of the tension.

While that's still true somewhat of TV shows, at least a TV show can develop a minor character enough that we care about what happens to them, and their fate is entirely up in the air.

Comment

Working...
              X